Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

a.borque

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 26, 2014
Hello!
Because I am increasingly disappointed with Canary mails shifted focus from OpenPGP to AI I left a rather critical review (with 2 stars)
Today I received a mail from apple that my review was violating some guidelines and was removed. This never happened to me before.
I did not use hate speech, political or racial discriminations, insults, wrong facts or anything else I can imagine to trigger censorship.
Unfortunately Apple does neither say what is wrong with my review, nor do they offer a chance to ask.
I can only imagine that "hot stuff" in my sentence "Of course AI is currently the hot stuff while OpenPGP never was or ever will be..." might have raised Apples disapproval, but according to translate.google.com this seems to be a normal term.
So can anyone perhaps with English as native tongue give me some advice what I might have done wrong?
Thanks!

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
Can you possibly post your "review" here?
You can't expect advice, or an opinion about what you "have done wrong", unless we can see the original review

Reactions: max2

a.borque

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 26, 2014
Hello!
You are right. Do you have any idea where I can find my original text? For all the reviews that have been published, I can still see it in the text box when I click on "Review" again in the appstore. But that text is no longer there, it looks like it was deleted when it was rejected.
Unfortunately, the email informing me of this does not contain my original text either.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.