Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

michaelwest170

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 12, 2015
hello
i have an iPad 2 running jailbroke ios 7.0.6, this problem started out of no where, one day i was playing real racing 3 and it was fine, the next day i go to open the app and my iPad re sprung, ever since it has been respringing every time i try and launch real racing 3, im not sure whats going on, crash reporter doesn't pick anything up

.edit. i just put my ipad into safemode and tried opening the app and it still resprung...

tweak i have installed
activator
appdye
applist
background manager
barrel
CCtoggles
cleaner
controllers for all
crash reporter
disk pie
f.lux
fake carrier
folder closer
gridSwitcher
Ifile
jellylock7
keyshortcuts
nitrous
NoAdStoreOpen
no slow animation
notification privacy
open in chrome
powerBanners
swipeSelection
winterboard
(i have missed out themes and essential packages)
please help me i love this game, also i have progressed quite far so i don't want to loose any appdata :)
michael

Last edited:

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
hello
i have an iPad 2 running jailbroke ios 7.0.6, this problem started out of no where, one day i was playing real racing 3 and it was fine, the next day i go to open the app and my iPad re sprung, ever since it has been respringing every time i try and launch real racing 3, im not sure whats going on, crash reporter doesn't pick anything up

.edit. i just put my ipad into safemode and tried opening the app and it still resprung...

tweak i have installed
activator
appdye
applist
background manager
barrel
CCtoggles
cleaner
controllers for all
crash reporter
disk pie
f.lux
fake carrier
folder closer
gridSwitcher
Ifile
jellylock7
keyshortcuts
nitrous
NoAdStoreOpen
no slow animation
notification privacy
open in chrome
powerBanners
swipeSelection
winterboard
(i have missed out themes and essential packages)
please help me i love this game, also i have progressed quite far so i don't want to loose any appdata :)
michael

Is there some sort of way to backup your progress?

I would suggest a uninstall and reinstall of the game

Even in cydia substrate disabled, your whole device resprings? Or is it just the app crashing?

michaelwest170

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 12, 2015
Even in cydia substrate disabled, your whole device resprings? Or is it just the app crashing?

My whole device resrprings

This problem also happens with facebook and facebook messenger (not to fussed about them though, i use my phone for them)

----------

Is there some sort of way to backup your progress?
I think there is on the game, but i cannot remember if i backed it up and i cannot access it ti find out:(

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
My whole device resrprings

This problem also happens with facebook and facebook messenger (not to fussed about them though, i use my phone for them)

----------

I think there is on the game, but i cannot remember if i backed it up and i cannot access it ti find out:(

Does the problem persist when you uninstall Facebook and reinstall?

How does your phone respring when you're in cydia substrate disabled mode?

michaelwest170

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 12, 2015
Does the problem persist when you uninstall Facebook and reinstall?

I uninstalled facebook messenger and reinstalled and it works fine now:) so im assuming this willl work for real racing 3, but if there is another way to fix it i would be happy, as then i would know whats causing it if it happens again, and i woldent be risking my game data

----------

How does your phone respring when you're in cydia substrate disabled mode?
What do you mean by this, i put my ipad in safemode with a tweak i downloaded, i clicked real racing and it opens to the first screen you see when you click it (this happens every time), then my ipad resprings

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
I uninstalled facebook messenger and reinstalled and it works fine now:) so im assuming this willl work for real racing 3, but if there is another way to fix it i would be happy, as then i would know whats causing it if it happens again, and i woldent be risking my game data

----------

What do you mean by this, i put my ipad in safemode with a tweak i downloaded, i clicked real racing and it opens to the first screen you see when you click it (this happens every time), then my ipad resprings

Might just be that the app got corrupted somehow

Oh, Nevermind. I misunderstood that you're in substrate safe mode and not substrate disabled mode

alkalifly

macrumors regular
Apr 13, 2004
Okay ill just uninstall and reinstall and pray it backed it up:) thanks for your help

Before you uninstall, get DataDeposit from ModMyi repo and back up the data from your racing app (you will need a Dropbox account,
If you don't already have one). That way if the save data does not survive the app reinstall, you can get it back again through DataDeposit.

michaelwest170

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 12, 2015
Before you uninstall, get DataDeposit from ModMyi repo and back up the data from your racing app (you will need a Dropbox account,
If you don't already have one). That way if the save data does not survive the app reinstall, you can get it back again through DataDeposit.

Lucky i saw this before i did it:) thank you i will do that now

alkalifly

macrumors regular
Apr 13, 2004
Lucky i saw this before i did it:) thank you i will do that now
All right! I was worried when I posted that I might have been too late. I'm glad that I wasn't :)
I should say, in my experience, DataDeposit works for about 9 out of 10 apps I've tried it with. Let us know how it turns out for you!

michaelwest170

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 12, 2015
All right! I was worried when I posted that I might have been too late. I'm glad that I wasn't :)
I should say, in my experience, DataDeposit works for about 9 out of 10 apps I've tried it with. Let us know how it turns out for you!

It worked :) lucky you said it aswell because the apps data backup system didnt work. Thank you

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.