Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

myke323

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 17, 2006
Photoshop is running ok and works fine, but every time I quit manually, I get the message saying that 'Photoshop quit unexpectedly.'

Anyone know why this would be happening?

Reactions: Cormac

myke323

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 17, 2006
Here is the error log:

Process: Adobe Photoshop CS5.1 [576]
Path: /Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS5.1/Adobe Photoshop CS5.1.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Photoshop CS5.1
Identifier: com.adobe.Photoshop
Version: 12.1 (12.1x20110328.r.145] [12.1)
Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process: ??? [1]
Responsible: Adobe Photoshop CS5.1 [576]
User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2023-01-28 14:14:32.921 -0500
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.13.6 (17G14042)
Report Version: 12
Anonymous UUID: F524A293-A263-7A1F-5D4B-81FCDFBFAC64

Time Awake Since Boot: 830 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x000040dedeadbec8
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Signal: Segmentation fault: 11
Termination Reason: Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0xb
Terminating Process: exc handler [0]

Last edited:
Reactions: Cormac

Cormac

macrumors member
Aug 11, 2007
Photoshop is running ok and works fine, but every time I quit manually, I get the message saying that 'Photoshop quit unexpectedly.'

Anyone know why this would be happening?
I can't help you, but I also get the same error message. Except for the hardware, I have the same setup as you, OS, and PS. It's one of the reasons that I don't upgrade. I don't want to lose the ability to use my PS.

jorgk

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2013
I have Illustrator CS5.1 which did the same (upon quitting, some error is reported).
I kept this link to redo some adjustments that were in one/some of the comments - to get illustrator to work fine (Hurray!). It might be possible that similar changes will do for Photoshop:

Good luck!

myke323

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 17, 2006
I can't help you, but I also get the same error message. Except for the hardware, I have the same setup as you, OS, and PS. It's one of the reasons that I don't upgrade. I don't want to lose the ability to use my PS.

I have Illustrator CS5.1 which did the same (upon quitting, some error is reported).
I kept this link to redo some adjustments that were in one/some of the comments - to get illustrator to work fine (Hurray!). It might be possible that similar changes will do for Photoshop:

Good luck!
Hey, so I guess I originally created multile threads on this that I thought were consolidated but I guess not. Anyway, I did find a solution where I renamed a plugin and it worked to solve the issue! Check out the solution here:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.