Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

calliex

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 16, 2018
Pittsburgh, Pa
I am using an iPhone 11 latest OS and my wife has XR latest OS
When i try to FaceTime with my IPh11 all my contacts are greyed out, on my wife's XR they are not. I have been doing searches all day looking for a sys pref that is set wrong. Any ideas

lostom

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2010
I'm running an older os than you, so that's not the answer for you, I'll have look and see if I can help.

lostom

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2010
not sure what you mean by restrictions or where it would be
Try looking in :

Settings > Screen Time > Content and Privacy Restrictions > Content Restrictions > FaceTime ?? or( allowed apps instead of Content Restrictions.)

calliex

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 16, 2018
Pittsburgh, Pa
I looked in restrictions and Content Restrictions> facetime
Every thing looks OK.
I will keep looking thanx for the answers
I was able to do multiple FaceTime using my wife's phone though

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I am using an iPhone 11 latest OS and my wife has XR latest OS
When i try to FaceTime with my IPh11 all my contacts are greyed out, on my wife's XR they are not. I have been doing searches all day looking for a sys pref that is set wrong. Any ideas
Have you checked your FaceTime settings under Settings > FaceTime?

Perhaps trying to change some settings or even disabling and re-enabling FaceTime might do something? Maybe restarting your phone might have some effect (if you haven't tried it)?

minimo3

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2010
Yes I tried to do a Group FaceTime call with family yesterday (roughly 10-15 devices). I’m on iOS 13.7 and I noticed that I couldn’t add devices with iOS 14.2 or later to the group, they were grayed out even though their FaceTime settings were setup properly. I could FaceTime them only with another iOS 14 device. In the end I switched to a zoom meeting, it was so much easier to get everyone on board plus they could use their laptops, chromebooks or whatever device they want. I can see why zoom is so much more popular

fastbagger

macrumors 6502
May 13, 2015
Yes I tried to do a Group FaceTime call with family yesterday (roughly 10-15 devices). I’m on iOS 13.7 and I noticed that I couldn’t add devices with iOS 14.2 or later to the group, they were grayed out even though their FaceTime settings were setup properly. I could FaceTime them only with another iOS 14 device. In the end I switched to a zoom meeting, it was so much easier to get everyone on board plus they could use their laptops, chromebooks or whatever device they want. I can see why zoom is so much more popular
Or google duo

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.