Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cjosee

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 19, 2007
There are like 3 or more VoIP app in the App Store, but many people are waiting for iCall. The company announce it on 06/05/2008 and that there are working hard to get it done.

10/03/08 Almost 4 month later we all know that is in BETA and that it will come soon. WHEN is the question and an UPDATE on what in going on with the app also is need it.

So we ask to the developer that gives us an UPDATE.

diesel

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2007
I did it but no answers at all.

Not a good sign. In my experience, if a business won't communicate with potential users in the "pre-sales" stage, they most likely won't communicate with you once they have your money.

App1€

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2008
Not a good sign. In my experience, if a business won't communicate with potential users in the "pre-sales" stage, they most likely won't communicate with you once they have your money.

I'm pretty sure iCall is free. At least to get it might be pay as you go type thing, but then you need to be kept happy to keep buying.

swr

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2008
I got a reply

I contacted icall and received this response:

"Thank you for your interest in iCall for the iPhone. We are working hard to finalize our BETA testing and make sure that everything works as it should before we make it publicly available. Unfortunately, it is not technically possible to allow any outside beta testers at this time.

We expect iCall to be available in the App Store VERY soon, in a matter of few weeks. I understand the frustration caused by the delay but please understand there are different organizations involved in this project, including Apple, we do not have control over.

To get the latest up to date information, you can signup for our iPhone notification list at http://www.icall.com/iphone/. We also offer an RSS news feed at http://www.icall.com/rss.php.
The iCall Team"

I received this almost two weeks ago, so I don't know what their definition of a few weeks is but I have a feeling that it isn't the same definition as what most of us have. I think it will be atleast another month. I have never seen a company announce a product with great acceptance from the public and then give no details what so ever for months and months. Pretty pathetic. Meanwhile other voip apps have been released that were not even announced at all prior to their release.

gr8gonzo

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2008
Alabama USA
There are like 3 or more VoIP app in the App Store, but many people are waiting for iCall. The company announce it on 06/05/2008 and that there are working hard to get it done.

10/03/08 Almost 4 month later we all know that is in BETA and that it will come soon. WHEN is the question and an UPDATE on what in going on with the app also is need it.

So we ask to the developer that gives us an UPDATE.

i got a reply from them yesterday: "In the next week or two, Thanks for the inquiry". their email is info@icall.com, maybe if we bombard them with emails they might get on the ball.

kittenbutt

macrumors newbie
I've been on the other end of that particular logic: "let's all email them constantly so they hurry up!"

Of course, what actually happened was that then we had to stop doing what we were doing in order to respond to all of the emails, because otherwise people complained that we weren't responding. So we were actually slowed up from our deadline by people emailing us asking us to hurry up. Yay.

AHDuke99

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2002
Charleston, SC
I thought it wasn't going to be free? I remember reading something that was pretty disappointing, because I was planning on making good use of this.

bubbagumpshrimp

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

to my understanding they were going to just charge for the app and let phone calls be free, if otherwise I've got no interest in this (unless it's 100% free)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.