Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bscheffel

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 17, 2008
After Apple announced the self repair program for iPhone 12/13 in November there hasn't been a peep about it. The original announcement said it would launch in "Early 2022" which should be now right? If it were coming in March they should have said "Q1". To me "early 2022" implies before the end of Q1? No ?

PeteBurgh

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2014
I don’t think ‘early‘ necessarily corresponds to quarters. Apple sometimes identify its products as ’early’, ‘mid’ and and ’late‘ yyyy, which could suggest (but not require) dividing the year into 3 x 4 month chunks…

But ultimately I don’t think parsing the word ‘early‘ will get to answer here - I presume it will launch when the parts and other bits and pieces are ready, and given everything that’s going on with supply chains at the moment, I’d always bet on things being later rather than earlier!

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
To me "early 2022" implies before the end of Q1? No ?

No, it's exactly the opposite. Early 2022 means they don't want to narrow it down to a quarter. If Apple wanted to communicate Q1, they would have said Q1.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.