Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gathart

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 10, 2009
Higher PPI, more memory, 4G, faster processor, forward camera, lighter.... :p

Gloor

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2007
I wonder about the same.
Do you think iPad will be on 6 months cycle like laptops etc. or 1 year cycle iPhone?

Either way I'm waiting for v2 or v3 as iPad has nothing for me right now.

Swampthing

Suspended
Mar 5, 2004
Make sure you wait for iPad 3.. it will be even better than iPad 2! But hold on, then you should probably wait for iPad 4 because it might have that one extra feature that... OMG iPad 5 will have more of!

Personally I think you should just wait eternally because there will always be something better coming out.

MacSiggy

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2008
I don't know why you're wasting your time with the iPad, I'm just going to wait until I can get the internet straight into my brain.

colmaclean

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
Berlin
One thing that nags with me is that if they stick with the current release cycle of iPad in April and iPhone in June, the iPhone's going to enjoy around 10 months of new hardware features before the iPad can catch up again.

I guess the iPhone is still the flagship product, so will get most of the new features first...

MikeinJapan

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2010
Tokyo
One thing that nags with me is that if they stick with the current release cycle of iPad in April and iPhone in June, the iPhone's going to enjoy around 10 months of new hardware features before the iPad can catch up again.

I guess the iPhone is still the flagship product, so will get most of the new features first...

You don't always have to have the newest. I will be a new iPhone this year and then I will get another iPad next year then alternate between them year on year. I think the iPhone will always take the lead.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
The iPhone and iPad will probably have more parity starting next year. Remember the iPad had to be designed from the ground up. Even the OS is modified. So it's not like a few months before launch Jobs could suddenly say, hey, lets upgrade the screen. OTOH the iPhone has been around for a few cycles now, so Apple only has to tweak certain areas and leave the rest alone. There is only a couple month in between launch cycles so the tech in both should be similar going forward.

BornAgainMac

macrumors 604
Feb 4, 2004
Florida Resident
I bet it will happen before the holiday season or October. If they wait until next year the iPad clones will come out with their fancy cameras and steal some marketshare. A strong iPad first year will make Apple the leader for many years.

I have one and I won't be upset. I'll get revision 2 and sell revision 1.

thirumalkumaran

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2010
The update cycle is 9 months..

Iphone - 12 months

Laptops - 6 months...

so the product in between is of

9 Months...

Perfect math..:D:D:D

oldmovieguy

macrumors newbie
Sep 8, 2004
Make sure you wait for iPad 3.. it will be even better than iPad 2! But hold on, then you should probably wait for iPad 4 because it might have that one extra feature that... OMG iPad 5 will have more of!

Personally I think you should just wait eternally because there will always be something better coming out.

Swampthing
Well said, my first real laugh of the day.

emptyCup

macrumors 65816
Jan 5, 2005
People get annoyed when a refresh comes in less than 6 months or more than 12 months. I think there is a chance of iPad2 at the 6 month mark (late October in time for Christmas) and then every year after that.

The most necessary improvements, though, can be added through software. I expect another big announcement in the Fall related to iOS 4.1 for iPad as well as news of improvements to aTV, iTouch, MobileMe and iTunes streaming (assuming the rumors are true). Apple knows how to string out the free publicity.

leomac08

macrumors 68020
Jul 12, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
The update cycle is 9 months..

Iphone - 12 months

Laptops - 6 months...

so the product in between is of

9 Months...

Perfect math..:D:D:D

Find the mean, median, mode, outlier, range, variance, standard deviation, pearson correlation value, r squared and multicollinery formula with two forms of regression known as stepwise and standard then statistics will find out the true number! :D

Stetrain

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2009
I think that there's a decent probability that the iPad will receive a MINOR update during the September iPod event. They will probably announce that the iPod touch will get a front facing camera and become a FaceTime device. The One More Thing being that the iPad gets it too.

They also could easily wait until next spring to do the same thing. They'll sell plenty of iPads this holiday season just as it is.

nj-mac-user

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2009
TX
I bet it will happen before the holiday season or October. If they wait until next year the iPad clones will come out with their fancy cameras and steal some marketshare. A strong iPad first year will make Apple the leader for many years.

I have one and I won't be upset. I'll get revision 2 and sell revision 1.

Wait... you mean just like what happened with the iphone and how a new "iphone killer" comes out like every month? I don't think Apple concerns themselves with such foolishness. An ipad killer? Pleeeease. :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.