Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

asrmatt

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2006
Rome, Italy
Italy

...I went to an Apple store here in Rome and they told me mid-february...
They also said that Time Capsule should be arriving in store before the MBA :cool:

Does anybody have any similar news for other european stores?

iDAG

macrumors 65816
Sep 9, 2007
Athens, Ohio
I heard the Apple store manager talking about Tuesday, January the 29th.

I think that sounds good =)

That's good because I thought about going to my local Apple Store just to see if they had it or not, but now I think I can wait a little longer to make the trip. :)

chambercfo

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2008
...I went to an Apple store here in Rome and they told me mid-february...
They also said that Time Capsule should be arriving in store before the MBA :cool:

Does anybody have any similar news for other european stores?

While I can't say anything about the European stores, our local Business Rep told me that we would have to wait until mid-February. Our office is looking to switch from XP to OS X. When the MBAs came out we knew that we had to have them. Our Business Rep said that since it's a rather large purchase we would be able to get a private tour before the store is open to the general public.

Can't wait until mid-February.

glennsan

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2002
Midwest USA
MBA In Store?

I just spoke with a rep from my local Apple Store here in San Diego. No MBA or Time Capsule in the next couple of weeks was his best guess. Bummer:confused:

jwtadmin

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2008
Confirmed that they will be in on Tuesday

I spoke to two apple store people and confirmed that they will be in on Tuesday. Though she said it might be that they are setting up the promo material on Tues and they would be ready to sell on Wed.

danuff

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2007
Allentown, Pennsylvania
I just talked to my Apple Store . . . .

According to my local Apple Store (Whitehall, PA) they said the MBA is gonna be here in 2-3 working days (which would take it around 1-29-2008).

Even though I cannot afford it, I still would like to see (and touch) one :)

-Dan Uff

laremi

macrumors newbie
Jan 25, 2008
Portland
"By Thursday"

I went into an apple authorized reseller to gather info on the MacBook Air, because my Apple store was not helpful at all. After talking to the staff for a while I decided to reserve my air. The catch: I said I would only pay if I was guaranteed to have my air within a week. They guaranteed me my air by Jan. 31, 2008 or they would give me an additional $500 off the price. Bonus! Since I pre-ordered from their store I got $200 off ($100 student discount + $100 air pre-order discount (store promotion)). I'll let you know if they hold true to the Thursday contract.
:apple:

macsensei

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2007
I went into an apple authorized reseller to gather info on the MacBook Air, because my Apple store was not helpful at all. After talking to the staff for a while I decided to reserve my air. The catch: I said I would only pay if I was guaranteed to have my air within a week. They guaranteed me my air by Jan. 31, 2008 or they would give me an additional $500 off the price. Bonus! Since I pre-ordered from their store I got $200 off ($100 student discount + $100 air pre-order discount (store promotion)). I'll let you know if they hold true to the Thursday contract.
:apple:

What is the name of the store?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.