Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Isa Al

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 18, 2014
Hey, I want to move my WhatsApp chat from normal WhatsApp to WhatsApp Business. I have 77Gb of Whatsapp data ( I use it for business and other purposes for over 10 years and I send/receive a lot of videos and photos).

I am in Dubai right now, my internet speed is 470Mb down/230Mb up. My iPhone is 14 Pro Max 1TB and my iCloud storage is 2TB.

I need your advice as to how long would the backup and restore take in my case. I want to know to backup/restore that WhatsApp chat, not the entire iPhone data.

I don't wanna receive some important messages during the backup process, and then when I am restoring I don't find them. So I am thinking to do it overnight or over the weekend, but I need your help to plan it accordingly.

I read some posts that each Gb of WhatsApp takes 1-4 hours to restore, which seems crazy. So according to your experience how long would it take to backup/restore my WhatsApp chat in my case?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.