Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Albertoakpark

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 3, 2021
To new iPhone if my battery is at 81 percent Capacity should I wait for iPhone 13 or get 12 pro max?

Six0Four

macrumors 6502a
Mar 27, 2020
The iPhone 13 could have a 7.9" display and come in only two colors pink and purple so how can anyone possibly answer that question ?

I personally would concentrate on phones that currently exist.

TechLord

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2020
Upgrade. Unless you’re desperate for 120hz which is heavily rumoured to come with the 12s/13 pros.

Pilot Jones

macrumors 6502a
Oct 2, 2020
Unless there is a really specific feature you'd love (like periscope zoom, 120 hz, etc.), just upgrade right now. 81% is pretty terrible and there's no point using a near-handicapped device and making day-to-day tasks inconvenient for yourself.

However, if you do feel the need to wait for a feature that has not yet been implemented, get your battery changed and try to ride it out instead of prematurely pulling the trigger and feeling buyer's remorse in just a few months.

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
Treat yourself to a new device if you feel the time has come. If not, battery upgrade.

Reactions: Td1970

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
I didn't see OP mention what phone they're currently using. I'd say that makes a significant difference in the scenario.

Current phone is a 6S --> Upgrade
Current phone is X or newer --> Wait

xnview

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2013
I didn't see OP mention what phone they're currently using. I'd say that makes a significant difference in the scenario.

Current phone is a 6S --> Upgrade
Current phone is X or newer --> Wait
In the heading, it states that he has an IPhone XS Max.

To new iPhone if my battery is at 81 percent Capacity should I wait for iPhone 13 or get 12 pro max?
I have an xs Max, bought the 12 pro Max on launch day. Only difference I could feel was, that the camera was really great, but I don’t take many pictures during day, and the SLIGHTLY bigger screen was not noticeable. Battery was an improvement, but my battery lasts all day anyway with my use, so didn’t matter so much for me. Ended up giving the 12 pro Max to my wife, and started using my XS Max again. My battery is at 86%, I will probably get the battery replaced within a year and get an new when iPhone 14 (or what it will be called) gets released.

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
If your not suffering from unexpected shut downs or need to recharge more than once a day I'd stick it out till the next release this fall. Having Apple replace the battery is another option, the XS Max is still a great phone and would last another couple years easily..

mnsportsgeek

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2009
I would put a new battery in your XS Max. You'll still get 2 years easily out of it before it is considered old IMO. I just put a new battery in my XS Max in October. Planning to ride with it till the iPhone 14.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.