Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mikeleeuk

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 5, 2007
North Walsham
I'm hoping to get a MacBook soon, as I've just found out I can get one with a free iPod nano and a hefty discount using my student card.

The offer ends on October 30th, and I'm aware that Leopard is coming out "in October" so obviously I want to order my MacBook after the release and save myself £89.

The thing is, I can't really afford for it to be any more expensive - will the new OS mean that the price of MacBooks increases ... and is Apple likely to suddenly announce a new, more expensive entry-level MacBook at the same time, just when I'm getting ready to order?

I've never bought a Mac before, so I'm just trying to get a sense of how Apple does things. If prices will go up soon, I'll make do with Tiger. :p

antdgar

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2007
I also want to know the answers to your questions. I was about to buy a macbook tomorrow, but I'll wait and see what people say in reply to your thread :cool:

ivi7

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2007
No the price of the MBP will be the same even after it ships with leopard.
My only advice to potential buyers is that wait as long as you can and when you cant anymore go for it.

There are rumors about a new MBP coming out soon but the rumor mills are always running. If your comfortable with the present model and need to buy a laptop your not going to regret it. Try waiting for leopard (end of this month) if you can to save the cash you ll spend to upgrade.

mikeleeuk

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 5, 2007
North Walsham
No the price of the MBP will be the same even after it ships with leopard.
My only advice to potential buyers is that wait as long as you can and when you cant anymore go for it.

There are rumors about a new MBP coming out soon but the rumor mills are always running. If your comfortable with the present model and need to buy a laptop your not going to regret it. Try waiting for leopard (end of this month) if you can to save the cash you ll spend to upgrade.

Excellent ... just to clarify, that applies to the normal (plastic) MacBooks too, which is what I'll be buying?

Thanks for your reply. :)

CalBoy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2007
Absolutely I mean Macbooks and Macbook Pros

In fact, almost every Mac remains fairly constant with successive updates. Only once in while, like with the iMac change (which was major) are there price shifts. The last price shift for the macbook/macbook pro line was when they were introduced in 2006.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.