Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shaft

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 3, 2001
Switzerland/Zürich
I ordered mine on July 23rd. Estimated time was 8 days. So I contactet the apple store to question when my machine will arrive. They only wrote back that the estimated time of 8 days was a mistake. The right time should be 35 days. So is it possible that apple didn't start to produce the dual800 ?? I thougt that apple has already a dual-motherboard (from the old 533)....But if not the motherboard is the matter what's then?? I'm really dissapointed about apple's sales.

Shaft

blakespot

Administrator
Jun 4, 2000
Alexandria, VA
Jobs stated "ship in August" at the Macworld expo. What else do you want? That could mean August 31, if they stay within stated schedule. The 1st would've been better, but what can you do?

If you'd ordered an 867 you'd possibly have it by now.

blakespot

Shaft

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 3, 2001
Switzerland/Zürich
Yes your right...I cant do anything. But don't forget: The computer is already on my credit card bill. So I pay almost 4k to wait more than 5 Weeks.....disappointing

blakespot

Administrator
Jun 4, 2000
Alexandria, VA
But you knew it might not ship until August 31 when you went ahead. BUT -- it is unusual to have the charge happen before shopping w/ typical mail order, but I suppose this is a build-to-order setup abiding different rules.

blakespot

Shaft

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 3, 2001
Switzerland/Zürich
Ok.

You won the battle.....I don't have the patience to wait :) Maybe I was a little bit too optimistical. My last apple computer was a B&W 350 and at that time apple have all machines shipped the day when they were introduced. Good old times.....

Doesn't matter....I have to wait anyway. So it's macrumors job to make my life a little bit sweeter :)

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
waiting...

I'm waiting with you...

Dual 800 on the way, as well.

Rumblings around the web have mentioned "mid august"... but who knows.

arn

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.