Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

212rikanmofo

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 31, 2003
This is a much needed feature for those of us with multiple email accounts. I would like to have custom rules where we can customize how our emails get sorted. We have this on Mac OS and even on iCloud's website (although not as detailed as the mail.app on Mac OS). This feature hasn't even been mentioned whatsoever.

For example, I have 3 iCloud email accounts (1 main and 2 aliases). I would like to set up a rule that will either move them into certain folders better organization, and also have the ability to color code the message so I can take a quick glance at what email account those messages are intended for, ie Personal, Work, Spam.

I really hope they will improve the mail.app in iOS 12 to add custom rules.

Reactions: jpn

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Realistically things of that nature work best with server-side rules, so if they are enabled on the server side it doesn't matter what client you use they will still work on the server end of it all (in this case iCloud). Now, if we are talking about the ability to set those rules on server side or edit existing ones there, then, yeah, it would definitely be good if a mail client allowed for that--in many instances I end up going directly to the web version of the email account right from its provider and setting up and editing rules there.

Reactions: skeptech
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.