Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

212rikanmofo

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 31, 2003
It's been crossing my mind but I find it funny that the cameras on our iPhones are miles ahead of the ones that come with our MacBooks and iMacs. You would think that the cameras would be on par or even better on the Macs because they have more room to work with.

I really hope the next updates to their computer line up will introduce better FaceTime cameras. That will support FaceID, memoji's, etc.

212rikanmofo

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 31, 2003
I don't think it will be too long, for I have an iMac Pro that has a pretty good FaceTime Camera.

I doubt it's remotely as good as the ones on the new iPhone Xs. I'm really looking for FaceID and memoji support. The same technology that they're using on the latest iPhone's camera with the true depth feature.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
I guess. Apple values more in iPhones/tablets than Mac's when it comes to cameras ? Since these are HD camera, it would be 720p.. That's probably enough.

More people would take selfies using a phone or tablet (yuk), than a mac, so that's where the money goes to.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.