Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jacg

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 16, 2003
UK
I'm so fed up with Photos.app. I haven't had the courage to install Mojave yet but I hope things will improve.

From an amateur point of view, the main problem is sharing. I gather they are killing the FB sharing, which was always a bit of a lottery anyway, as you never really knew how they would finally appear on FB. But I can't drag photos into the upload dialogue on FB so I have to make an album. But then when I navigate to that album in FB only 2/3 of the photos are shown. How do I post the other pictures? (without manually finding them in the awful open/save interface).

From a hobbyist point of view, Photos.app has many other shortcomings, but I'll leave it there for now, in case anyone can help me with my sharing problem.

MBAir2010

macrumors 603
May 30, 2018
there
The exporting every photo using a mac mini instead of making the photo accessible after importing is a pain, but for an apple program, i have noticed a huge improvement with photos.

Dave Braine

macrumors 68040
Mar 19, 2008
Warrington, UK
The exporting every photo using a mac mini instead of making the photo accessible after importing is a pain, but for an apple program, i have noticed a huge improvement with photos.
What do you mean by "The exporting every photo using a mac mini instead of making the photo accessible after importing is a pain"?

MBAir2010

macrumors 603
May 30, 2018
there
Whew, so i
Install photo card into macmini
Photo app reads new card, asks if I want to import, i do
Imports 46 phots, I click them, they go to albums
I need to adjust and rename the ones i would like to post on Flickr I rename 4 and export those to a file.
Finally I drag those into flickr.
I used to insert card, drag into flickr Done

MBAir2010

macrumors 603
May 30, 2018
there
If you want to do that then don't bother importing into Photos, just double click on the card icon to open it, find the photos you want and drag them to Flickr.
i know, i guess i finally adjusted to new "photos" since now i have the time to select, alter and export with the name i titles the pictures that are ready to glisten on flickr.

Partron22

macrumors 68030
Apr 13, 2011
Yes
ImageCapture is a simple way to import your photos into a folder you can easily access.
I suppose you could put them into Photos afterwards, but why?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.