Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

the8thark

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 18, 2011
We all know that many people missed out on a launch day console. PS5 and Series X. The game stores are partially to blame for this as well as Sony and MS.

When do you think we'll be able to pre-order a 2021 shipment next gen console?
When do you think these consoles will ship?
Will you buy a game early and have it wait for you to get a next gen console nest year?

If a bundle comes up - like the ones gamestop are currently pushing, will you pay more for crap you don't need, just to have a console earlier?
Or will you wait to get a console and what you want?

Macalicious2011

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2011
London
If a bundle comes up - like the ones gamestop are currently pushing, will you pay more for crap you don't need, just to have a console earlier?
Beggars can't be choosers. If a bundle comes up, buy it and sell the unwanted wantes game.

Placing an order will be much harder than during the first wave when many retailers, xbox at least, open pre-orders at the same time. This spread gamers across different websites, distributing loads.

This week, John Lewis was the only retailers that made pre-orders available in the UK at 0800 on Monday. That resulted in probably over 1000,000 gamers flocking to just one website. Within 1-2 seconds the website was completely inaccessible.

I recommend installing retailers apps as some are less prone to crashing.

Eggtastic

macrumors 65816
Jun 9, 2009
NJ
I am confused or maybe just missed any news on upcoming availability for consoles...

Will there not be any more available between now and christmas? Usually people who missed out can score some trickling in stock here and there.

mnsportsgeek

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2009
There will be stock popping up every week or so. They’re not holding on to stock for a big 2021 sale.

trevpimp

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2009
Inside A Mac Box
You can most likely get one from physical retailers if you call constantly and ask if they have any in stock in their warehouse (Target, Walmart, Best Buy) daily as soon as they open (9am, 11am etc) ;)

In the mean time you can wait until everybody gets one so you can finally get your hands on one which would be sometime around February-March 2021 (in my opinion, could be more-less)

mnsportsgeek

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2009
You can most likely get one from physical retailers if you call constantly and ask if they have any in stock in their warehouse (Target, Walmart, Best Buy) daily as soon as they open (9am, 11am etc) ;)

In the mean time you can wait until everybody gets one so you can finally get your hands on one which would be sometime around February-March 2021 (in my opinion, could be more-less)

Best Buy isn’t selling stock in person till 2021. Online for in store pickup is the closest you’ll get. Not sure about Walmart. I know Target has sold in stores after the initial release batch.

Last edited:

diamond.g

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2007
OBX
Best Buy isn’t selling stock in person till 2021. Online for in store pickup is the closest you’ll get. Not sure about Walmart. I know Target has sold in stores after the initial release batch.
Walmart had some PS5s for sale today.

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”

Gamestop's selling bundles so that eBay flippers won't buy up the stock just to flip the console for more money - they are ruluctant to buy "bundles"...

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”

With the PS4 craze I waited until the following March before I was able just to walk into Target and buy one off the shelf...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.