Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DavidCL23

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 14, 2001
NJ
When can I expect the new imac to show up at my local compusa? Is it an apple store only item?

tk-421

macrumors member
Jan 23, 2002
Katy, TX
??

I work at a retailer here and we know just as much as you do right now. Apple told us we should have at least one to demo somewhere around Feb 1. But we were told and confirmed New PowerMacs were to be released Tuesday, which they weren't so we really don't know anymore than the customers right now

DavidCL23

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 14, 2001
NJ
oh, Does the new imac come with the apple pro keyboard and mouse? Also are their any speakers on the cheap model?

tk-421

macrumors member
Jan 23, 2002
Katy, TX
iMac

It'll come with a new white keyed Pro Keyboard and White Pro Mouse. only the middle and high end will have the pro speakers.

DavidCL23

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 14, 2001
NJ
Are the Pro speakers and dvd/128mb of extra ram worth the upgrade to the middle model?

tk-421

macrumors member
Jan 23, 2002
Katy, TX
I think it would be if you don't have a dvd player. More ram is always good, and the pro speakers do sound nice. And dvd's will probably look awesome on the flatpanel display.

I'm getting myself one the superdrive models as soon we get them in.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.