Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kbonnel

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 1, 2004
In a nice place..
Hello,

For some reason, and I don't know when it started, everytime I go to a website that streams window media contect my player will just say "Connecting to media...". It will sit there for 3 or 4 minutes and then it will start playing. I also notice this with iTunes radio. It used to be instant. I have a 8MB down 2MB up pipe, so I don't have a bandwidth issue. This isn't just video stuff, it is also radio broadcasts.

Any ideas?

Kimo

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
kbonnel said:
Hello,

For some reason, and I don't know when it started, everytime I go to a website that streams window media contect my player will just say "Connecting to media...". It will sit there for 3 or 4 minutes and then it will start playing. I also notice this with iTunes radio. It used to be instant. I have a 8MB down 2MB up pipe, so I don't have a bandwidth issue. This isn't just video stuff, it is also radio broadcasts.

Any ideas?

Kimo
What are you complaining about? WMP is working. Just because you want to see something, the server is not going to allow you to jump ahead of the thousands of requests before yours.

kbonnel

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 1, 2004
In a nice place..
MisterMe said:
What are you complaining about? WMP is working. Just because you want to see something, the server is not going to allow you to jump ahead of the thousands of requests before yours.

Ahhh come on, I am special :)

But really, any ideas? I don't think it has to do with other requests, as it used to work "perfect" before. I am just happy that eventually it does work. :rolleyes:

Kimo

MoparShaha

Contributor
May 15, 2003
San Francisco
This is a problem with WMP9 and Tiger. I've been having the problem ever since upgrading. I know it's not my connection or the server, since I administer the server, and my PC on the same connection as the Mac connects within seconds.

izzane

macrumors newbie
Nov 26, 2005
Wmp

Hi,

This is a serious problem that everybody might have. I tried all the sites that stream videos and music with WMP, none works. The videos/musics made for RealPlayer work perfectly, but for WMP, nothing, nada, rien, walou.

WMP sucks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.