Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Prionzzz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 16, 2018
I switched phones not too long ago and forgot to export and backup all of my photos stored in snapchat on my old itouch gen 5 (currently running ios 9.3.5). I turned it on a couple days ago to do just that and I'm encountering the "cannot connect" bug and have given up trying to fix it (I've contacted snapchat and they don't give a ****). I have not, hoewver given up on retrieving my data, and so have jailbroken the device and have exported the entire app package onto my computer. Only problem is I can't for the life of me figure out in what directory the saved images and videos I stored.

Anyone have any idea? I have a lot of memories on there and don't wanna lose them.

Edit: just wanted to add that I can't try to delete and reinstall the app or anything like that as it would obviously delete the data im trying to retrieve, but if anyone has any idea how to fix the issue that would also help

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.