Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Blinx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 13, 2021
Hi, I was wondering if the original manufacturing countries that assemble the iMacs is still kept the same on refurbished iMacs?

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
I don't know about other countries, but in the US because we can get refurbs with overnight and two-day delivery (depending on the time of the order and the device), I assume they're refurbed here.

nambuccaheadsau

macrumors 68020
Oct 19, 2007
Blue Mountains NSW Australia
If re-assembly is required, in the country they are sold as refurbished in, they do not go back to say China if that is where the unit was originally assembled. Many are simple returns with no problems, maybe purchaser changes mind on model, damaged packaging etc.

Reactions: JimmiebAZ

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
I am positive Apple has at least one Refurbishment Center in the US that handles these. As noted, most are 15-day returns so they just need their disks scrubbed and diagnostics run. If actual repairs need to be made, they would be done at that place, as well.

I just ordered a refurb 2020 iMac 5K and it was in UPS' Louisville depot in less than 24 hours so Apple likely has a West Coast and East Coast center since I have had other refurbs start at their Ontario, CA depot.

Reactions: ElectronGuru

mac.cali

macrumors 65816
Mar 16, 2012
It’s probably state side. I got an iMac 24” over night even though it said it was 3 days. First time getting refurbished and it looks brand new. Aside from the fancy retail box, everything else was the same as the retail unboxing.

Reactions: ElectronGuru

Blinx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 13, 2021
I am positive Apple has at least one Refurbishment Center in the US that handles these. As noted, most are 15-day returns so they just need their disks scrubbed and diagnostics run. If actual repairs need to be made, they would be done at that place, as well.

I just ordered a refurb 2020 iMac 5K and it was in UPS' Louisville depot in less than 24 hours so Apple likely has a West Coast and East Coast center since I have had other refurbs start at their Ontario, CA depot.
Are you the one who bought my 8TB 2020 iMac? That was why I asked this question. A shipping investigation is still ongoing for it.

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
Are you the one who bought my 8TB 2020 iMac? That was why I asked this question. A shipping investigation is still ongoing for it.
That would be an incredible coincidence of all the thousands of high spec refurbs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.