Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TMJ1974

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 22, 2002
OK, they updated the iBook and PowerBook. And yes, those updates are great, and wonderful price cuts to match.

BUT, what about a price cut on the Studio/Cinema displays.....or, better yet, how about some new ones. Unfortunately, the Nov 5th rumors didn't work out for the displays.

Extremely dissappointed...................

Tim

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
Re: here's a thought...........

Originally posted by edvniow
How about you look at non-Apple displays?

Exactly....... Formac do a couple of nice ones!! ;)

imamacguy17

macrumors member
Apr 29, 2002
new displays in January

January will be one hell of a month especially if Apple isnt allowed at MWSF. New power macs.
New displays.
New gizmo.
Imac update
Emac price drop.

displays (hopefully) as follows

$399 15"

$ 599 17"

$ 799 17" wide screen

$ 1099 19"

$ 1499 22"

$ 2499 23"HDTV

$ 3499 25" HDTV (probably wont happen)

TyleRomeo

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2002
New York
Re: new displays in January

Originally posted by imamacguy17
January will be one hell of a month especially if Apple isnt allowed at MWSF. New power macs.
New displays.
New gizmo.
Imac update
Emac price drop.

$399 15"

$ 599 17"

$ 799 17" wide screen

$ 1099 19"

$ 1499 22"

$ 2499 23"HDTV

spoken like a true newbie, why don't you wait until January before you go shoting your mouth off

Beej

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2002
Re: new displays in January

Originally posted by imamacguy17
New displays.
New gizmo.
Imac update
Emac price drop.

$399 15"
$ 599 17"
$ 799 17" wide screen
$ 1099 19"
$ 1499 22"
$ 2499 23"HDTV
Perhaps a little over the top in the monitor department there. You won't see Apple re-introducing 15" LCDs, and you won't see them offer 1&" and 17" widescreens together. And if they intorduce a 25" (a big if), they will likely drop the 22".

Chances are, you'll probably see something along the lines of 17, 19, 22 and 23 all widescreen.

But as for the rest, you're probably not far off. iMac, eMac and Power Mac updates are quite possible, and maybe even that new digital device... (you know, the one that's supposed to come out at every Apple event...)

vniow

macrumors G4
Jul 18, 2002
I accidentally my whole location.
Re: Re: new displays in January

Originally posted by cleo

what? why wouldn't apple be allowed at its own expo? :confused:

It's a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong story.

Take a look at some of the threads in the 'Apple Inc' section.
smiley.gif

a niceboy

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2002
Now I have heard, from a very reliable source that Apple will be reintroducing the 12" and 13" displays.
This is very exciting because it will take up very little desktop space.

You will hear more about this at MacWorld in SF.:)

shadowfax

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2002
Houston, TX
gahh! edvniow! when did you update your avatar?! that's hilarious. lol all over again (like deja vu all over again, with more gusto). nasty pointy teeth! i need to get that stuffed bunny.

it's funny how right after apple's biggest update this year we have people whining about displays. it seems like, as edvniow says, your best bet is with formac or some other company that sells reasonably priced LCDs. the mac ones are very sleek, but the bezel is really big....

anyways, i think it would be way overkill to update your ibooks, powerbooks, AND your LCD line all in one day. i was knocked out of my chair as the main apple page loaded this morning with a new ibook and powerbook... shoot, if they had done up their LCDs, i would have had a heart attack, not to mention what might have happened to some older mac rumors members.

Shrek

macrumors 65816
Jul 23, 2002
Nashville, Tennessee USA
Re: Where are the displays ??????

Originally posted by TMJ1974
BUT, what about a price cut on the Studio/Cinema displays.....or, better yet, how about some new ones. Unfortunately, the Nov 5th rumors didn't work out for the displays.

My question, too. :confused:

C'mon Apple! Hurry up on those new displays, and be sure to introduce a 19" iMac as well, and soon.

Yes, soon, before I, uh. . . turn back to the PC world. <--- j/k ;)

EDIT: Personally, I have this gut feeling that were all going to be surprised again when Apple updates it's entire lineup in January and all with IBM G5 processors! :eek:

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
Originally posted by TyleRomeo
spoken like a true newbie, why don't you wait until January before you go shoting your mouth off

Amplified by immaturity, why do you refuse to research something questionable that someone posts, or refuse to respect even reasonable assumptions?

First of all, there have been previous "rumors" of Apple not participating at MWSF, as Ms. V posted earlier in the thread.

Second of all, the basis of this particular internet site/community is a discussion of news and rumors with Apple and with regard to Macs. There is no rule here, saying that a registered user may not make reasonable assumptions for possible updates (in this case, to Apple's monitor line), which, by the way, would be considered a "rumor". If you need to, check the FAQs of MacRumors and point out any such rule to me.

I support his possible specs for Apple monitors
>$399 15"
>$ 599 17"
>$ 799 17" wide screen
>$ 1099 19"
>$ 1499 22"
>$ 2499 23"HDTV
>$ 3499 25" HDTV (probably wont happen)
given that (A) there is a price drop in monitors, and (B) echoing the possibility of a stand alone 17 inch wide screen and a stand alone 25 inch cinema display.

I think (A) would be more likely, because there have been reports of stabilizing LCD prices, instead of the sky high demand many people had to face. My father would have had to pay $10000 for a 40" something Plasma screen. Now, he can get one for under $4000. I'm using this as an example to amplify my point.

(B) emphasizes the possibility of each of these happening, thus, rumors.

Shrek, there have been multiple reports, stating that Apple would not continue to introduce new Apple products (iBook/Mac, PowerBook/Mac) at Apple Expos. So keep dreaming.

TMJ1974, not everything you read, especially rumor/news reports from certain sites, are accurate. Some sites report news at some accuracy X, and another reports rumors at accuracy Y. If X is greater than Y, do you think you've been trusting too many sites with a Y accuracy? :)

BenderBot1138

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2002
SHHHHHH...

We're getting closer and closer to hooking up that 52" HDTV I saw at WalMart for under $1500.00

Oops ... SHHHHHH! (Works great - well... not as good as my HD Cinema Display, but not bad... soon).

canadianbacon

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2002
Vancouver Canada
sorry newbies. apple had never had more than 4 current options for any product, ever. we will most likely see

17 "studio" *** not likely
17 in wide
19 in wide
23 in wide
------------
as far as these mini-displays go, i think that is not in apple's nature
as far as 22 vs 23 inch displays go, the 23 will phase out the 22 inch.
a display more than 23 inches has little practical value for the digital hub. if people want to watch their imovies, it will be on a tv.

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Re: Re: new displays in January

Originally posted by TyleRomeo

Then there are those that like to vomit up a wise-ass reply.

And this ain't one of them. :p

attachment.php

joed

macrumors regular
Feb 15, 2002
Budapest, Hungary
I'm kinda thinking that the LCD's will wait till MWSF Jan 03. Seeing as the current discount lasts till Dec 31. If they are leaving the introduction of new monitors till MWSF, they've certainly got something in store for us. I'm guessing they will incorporate somesort of swivel mechanism so the screens can be easily adjusted (like the LCD iMacs).

Before the end of the year we'll be seeing the XRaid - and maybe an update to the XServe. In software it seems that iPhoto will get an upgrade (as rumored) and iSync will likely become a full version.

I agree with the eMac and iMac in need of an update (so much for Apple's 6 moth cycle on these products).

These are my guesses anyway.

James.

http://homepage.mac.com/jbadcock

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.