Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

James.K.Polk

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 31, 2015
When not in use - where do you put the thing? I’ve been using the box, like many, but it’s kind of a pain (large, and reusing the cardboard insert is frustrating).. anyone using something else? Keeping it in a travel case? Just resting it on a table?

Thanks!

geauxmac

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2011
I’ve been reading it on a table mostly with the front cover on to keep it from scratching. Bought a generic case for it on Amazon that fits it well.

dannynjoni

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2010
I’ve been reading it on a table mostly with the front cover on to keep it from scratching. Bought a generic case for it on Amazon that fits it well.
Same. I leave it out for easy access with the front cover on. When I take it somewhere else, I use a small box I had left over from a hand-held coffee grinder I purchased a while back. It’s the perfect size actually lol.

fs454

macrumors 68000
Dec 7, 2007
Los Angeles / Boston
Right on my desk, front cover on, in standby ready to use. I take it to bed too and it sits on the nightstand. No need to overthink it at home really, just be sure the cable isn’t somewhere it could get yanked and make sure the headset is never in a place where the passing sun could reach the eyepieces at any point during the day.

I recommend getting one of these or similar to protect the lenses from sunlight as only a brief exposure to direct sun that hits the eyepieces can permanently damage the displays: https://www.amazon.com/KIWI-design-...5&psc=1&mcid=681a6d3db09f3a3297ca6c25a81879d8

I borrowed this exact one from my Quest 3 and it fits just fine in my AVP.

Reactions: James.K.Polk

TLewis

macrumors 65816
Sep 19, 2007
Pick your poison:

• One of the many cases mentioned here.
  • The plastic tray from the box makes for a decent desk holder.
  • That 3d-printed stand from Etsy.

Last edited:
Reactions: James.K.Polk

Rychiar

macrumors 68030
May 16, 2006
Waterbury, CT
I use mine on my recliner chair 90% of the time so i stick it in the chairs arm storage which it just fits in. I can run a wire through there too so it stays charged

Reactions: G5isAlive

BanditoB

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2009
Chicago, IL
I just put the cover on and place it in the bottom part of the box that cradles it and leave it on the coffee table.

Once my Spigen case comes in, I will likely store it in there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.