Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ceztro

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 19, 2020
Hi,
As mentioned in the title - where can I buy unlocked brand new sealed iphone 11 pro?
Have u guys seen some decent deals lately?

oVerboost

macrumors 68000
Sep 17, 2013
United Kingdom
You won’t really find great deals, Apple will slow the supply of those devices and stocks will be low from third party companies in preparation for the iPhone 12’s. deals usually come from excess stock or stuff that’s not selling.

Are you buying outright (sim free) or on contract?

Where are you in the world?

Keep an eye on the refurb and clearance section of the Apple website, they should start appearing there soon but again, you won’t get an amazing discount, it’s Apple they don’t heed to do that.

Reactions: ceztro

ceztro

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 19, 2020
You won’t really find great deals, Apple will slow the supply of those devices and stocks will be low from third party companies in preparation for the iPhone 12’s. deals usually come from excess stock or stuff that’s not selling.

Are you buying outright (sim free) or on contract?

Where are you in the world?

Keep an eye on the refurb and clearance section of the Apple website, they should start appearing there soon but again, you won’t get an amazing discount, it’s Apple they don’t heed to do that.

Ok so starting from my location Im located in Poland, Europe, but Ive got one friend in USA who will come back for christmas (hopefully) so she could buy the phone for me. Its way cheaper than here in Europe because I won't pay additional tax.

Ive been considering refurbished XS from apple's website for 639$ but then I realized it would be better to add some money and buy new 11 pro for 800-850$ but I cant really find any.

In Poland we have a lot of discounts on 11 pro, it dropped from 5000zł to 3990zł or something, but its still more than 1000$ when you convert.

ceztro

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 19, 2020
And with that being said - it must be unlocked.

Last edited:

oVerboost

macrumors 68000
Sep 17, 2013
United Kingdom
Ok so starting from my location Im located in Poland, Europe, but Ive got one friend in USA who will come back for christmas (hopefully) so she could buy the phone for me. Its way cheaper than here in Europe because I won't pay additional tax.

Ive been considering refurbished XS from apple's website for 639$ but then I realized it would be better to add some money and buy new 11 pro for 800-850$ but I cant really find any.

In Poland we have a lot of discounts on 11 pro, it dropped from 5000zł to 3990zł or something, but its still more than 1000$ when you convert.

Why not just get her to get you the regular 12? Other than the telephoto lens the other two cameras are now better, marginally, it has 5G if you ever need or want it.

Is there anything in particular you want that’s on the 11 Pro over a 12?

ceztro

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 19, 2020
Better design, I prefer round edges and mat back of the phone + better camera in 11 pro.

And one more thing - size, 5.8" in XS or 11 pro is just perfect for me. Dont wanna get 6.1" so I never considered 11 or 12. On the other hand 12 mini comes to me too small

ceztro

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 19, 2020
Och and battery life. Seems like 12 and 12 pro aint good on that field. At least worse than 11 pro

oVerboost

macrumors 68000
Sep 17, 2013
United Kingdom
Better design, I prefer round edges and mat back of the phone + better camera in 11 pro.

And one more thing - size, 5.8" in XS or 11 pro is just perfect for me. Dont wanna get 6.1" so I never considered 11 or 12. On the other hand 12 mini comes to me too small

Size isn’t an issue really, it’s a touch taller by millimetres the width is 1mm and it’s a lot thinner as well.

Battery life is being blown out of proportion, many devices have only recently been set up and are being used more, indexing files etc. The tests online also can’t be trusted as gospel either. Mines been just as good as my 11 Pro was and will certainly be much better than an XS. Have a look on Apple’s website in the compare section at the top, and you’ll see the regular 12 is a great device.

But it is your money

ceztro

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 19, 2020
Size isn’t an issue really, it’s a touch taller by millimetres the width is 1mm and it’s a lot thinner as well.

Battery life is being blown out of proportion, many devices have only recently been set up and are being used more, indexing files etc. The tests online also can’t be trusted as gospel either. Mines been just as good as my 11 Pro was and will certainly be much better than an XS. Have a look on Apple’s website in the compare section at the top, and you’ll see the regular 12 is a great device.

But it is your money
If we only look at the size comparison on the website I must agree with you. However a lot of people says it feels bigger in hand because of angular edges and thats what matters to me.
However you made me think about ip12 once again. Thanks for all of your replies.

Lets see if I can find 11 pro for 800$ which is 12's price :)

Reactions: oVerboost
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.