Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

inlimbo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 29, 2005
Sydney, Australia
My friends and I have set up a non-for-profit society at university. My role in the society is the website. Where can I find free CGI hosting? We don't accept money from members and so can't afford to pay any money. At the moment we are on geocities (yuk!). I just want to set up some perl scripts. I would also need to ability to add modules (i.e. date/time modules) too probably.

Does anyone offer free CGI hosting?

theappleguy

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2005
You couldn't even spare $10 to $15 per year? :confused: I certainly wouldn't recommend using free hosting.

inlimbo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 29, 2005
Sydney, Australia
theappleguy said:
You couldn't even spare $10 to $15 per year? :confused: I certainly wouldn't recommend using free hosting.

Sure I would be prepared to pay that (but not much more). Where could I find a place that offers CGI hosting for $10-$15.

Daveway

macrumors 68040
Jul 10, 2004
New Orleans / Lafayette, La
inlimbo said:
Thanks! Thats pretty good value for money. I just thought someone out there would offer (really) cheap web hosting for non-for-profit orgs etc... I guess im naive.
:eek:

There are some services I've come across that offer dirt cheap hosting, but its usually really unreliable and ad based.

ASO is your best bet. It's only $0.08/day. :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.