Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Anna97

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 1, 2020
Hi!
How can I find free ringtons for my Iphone without computer?
Someone can introduce ringtone prestigious address it?
Thank!

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
I dont think you can get ringtone to your iPhone without computer, free or not, aside from purchasing through iTunes Store.

Reactions: akash.nu

marty1980

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2011
F* Apple and their bs about ringtones.

Last time I paid for ringtones from iTunes, it went to my Apple Music library and I couldn’t use the tunes for ringtones. This was maybe 1.5 years ago.

So I converted the files into ringtones files and copied from my computer to my phone. Still wouldn’t work.

This is one area where I really don’t like Apple’s setup. I should be able to use whatever sound I want for my ringtone. Especially if I bought the damn thing from their frikin store. It’s because of this bs so many people are like “is that my phone or yours.”

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
It’s because of this bs so many people are like “is that my phone or yours.”
Eventually every single iPhone “sold” by Apple belongs to Apple and will be managed as if said iPhone is managed in a corporation. At least in US, the only legal way to use an iPhone (not owning one) will be leasing. I’m sure EverythingApplePro wouldn’t mind buying outright option going away as he doesn’t mind at all.

TimothyL

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2019

trajen

macrumors 6502a
Oct 2, 2008
Hi!
How can I find free ringtons for my Iphone without computer?
Someone can introduce ringtone prestigious address it?
Thank!

Here’s a quick YouTube video I made on how to make custom ringtones for your iPhone using GarageBand.app!

Reactions: slim6596

donawalt

Contributor
Sep 10, 2015
I make my own ringtones out of music I like. For example, I just made one out of Intermezzo for String Quartet, WAB 113, by the Vladimir Mendelssohn & Sonar Quartet. Why, you might ask? If you play this (it's in the Apple Music store amongst other places), and you are a 1940s detective movie buff, you will note it's the awesome theme played at the beginning of the Sherlock Holmes movies with Basil Rathbone!

Anyway - I digress. Here is how I simply create my own ringtone. (Note - in my case, I have a subscription to Apple Music, so I have to PURCHASE the song and DOWNLOAD it to make a ringtone from it. So yes I am paying 99 cents for a song - it's not a 'free' ringtone, but I thought I would add this technique here because it seems like a small price if you really want to use quality music for your ringtones.)

I do all this work in Apple Music app on my MacBook Pro.

1. Select a song to use as the source. You cannot use an Apple Music item, or anything that is in the cloud. It must be owned and downloaded.
2. On the Get Info > Options tab set start and stop times no more than 40 seconds apart, or 30 seconds for text tones.
3. Under Apple Music/Preferences/Files, click on Import Settings.
4. Under Import Using, Choose AAC Encoder. Under Setting, choose High Quality 128k.
5. Use File > Convert > Create AAC version.
6. Reset the start and stop times on the original track so you will hear the whole song the next time you play it.
7. Right-click on the new shorter copy of the song and click Show in Finder. From Finder, move the song to the Desktop, for copying to iPhone/iPad.
8. Delete the new entry from the music library, you don't need it there any more.
9. Change the file extension from .m4a to .m4r.
10. Use the app iMazing (free! In the Apple Mac store); connect iPhone or iPad to laptop via cable.
11. Drag and drop the .m4r ringtone file into the Ringtone section for the connected iPhone/iPad.

The song is now available on your iDevice and will show up in Settings/ Sounds/ Ringtone, to choose and use.

slim6596

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2020
78E2087F-A141-4B37-9191-B9E6533129A6.png
I’m on board with using GarageBand. Fairly easy to do, just remember you can only use non DRM music (music you’ve synced to your phone from your computer or downloaded to your phone other than Apple Music). I used to watch Supernatural on CW and liked the guitar riff of one of the characters ringtones on the show. Found it via internet search and five minutes later....
78E2087F-A141-4B37-9191-B9E6533129A6.png

luna88

macrumors newbie
Jan 19, 2021
Over half a million free ringtone downloads are offered in Ringtones. If you have found a great ringtone, you will definitely use this website.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.