Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jeanw

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 22, 2010
ky.
I have to use a 3x mag glass to even read my screen... sob sob,,,
Mine I bought years ago cut acc, it caught in a cabinet door or something and cut cord that went to Mac itself. Coming out of the bottom where it went into the computer itself. Unfort can't locate the cut off end. for now. . Hope Hubby didnt throw it away.. Its not in my laptop case. Unfort I cant make out what the ORGINAL "block' part says. With my bad vis. Hopefully I can ask someone to try and read the faded info on it soon . It got cut right at the hard plastic part so there was no length to try and twist or solder back together. Sob sob...
Years ago I bought two Generic cordsOne of the tewo stopped working yesterday.. no lighting up grreen or yellow light I can make out. Yall know the ones with the BIg Transformer right at the Ac part that plugs into the ac electrical outlet. I dislike them cause they are so bulky and heavy plugging into a power strip or the duplex receptacle itself.
Sometimes I use the 6 " ac ext cords bought years ago. Also did this model comp come with an owners manual? I installed the max I believe memory years ago...
So does anyone have GENUINE one for sale. They were SO SO nice to use. what info do I need to tell yall to help me in my pursuit? Oh its says on the generic REPLACEMENT big one Out put 18.5 volts. 4.6 A... I cant ,like I mention above, read my original power cord. for now.. also says somewhere in the Generic model number 85W...
I also wis Apple would have put a Back key and Home Key And ENd key on this keyboard itself. So dislike the GESTRES feature cause I acc do the wrong thing over and over...
PLUS also looking for an old trackbaal mouser I so like them. I missing the red ball on my one unit MOSE... Thanks all and Blessings

C0ncreteBl0nde

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2023
Rural America
I'm having a hard time figuring out what it is you're actually looking for from your post, but if you. need an AC replacement for a 2012 MB they still sell them on Amazon for a reasonable price.

Reactions: ignatius345

jeanw

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 22, 2010
ky.
I'm having a hard time figuring out what it is you're actually looking for from your post, but if you. need an AC replacement for a 2012 MB they still sell them on Amazon for a reasonable price.
Are you saying its the same type Ac cord that came with my Mac 2012 ? I couldnt find one on Ebay but Generic with that BIG black as adaptor plug. like I have two of them now but only ONE WORKS NOW.
PLUS LOOKING FOR A LOGITECH WIRED USB TRACBALL MOUSE IT HAS THE RED BALL.. PRICE GOUGERS ON EBAY THINK THEIR USE PREOWNED STUFF ID SO VALUABLE. T hanks

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
Part of the confusion here is that you sometimes say Mac, sometimes MP (which means Mac Pro--a Mac desktop tower), but some of your comments seem to be about a MacBook Pro (a laptop). If MacBook Pro laptop, that also explains the "18.5 volts" that you see on the power adapter part.

Assuming you do have a MacBook Pro, it sounds like you cut off the wire that runs from the adapter (the square, white box) to the Magsafe connector (the magnetic part that attaches to your MacBook Pro).
There are two different 2012 MacBook Pros that came with 85W magsafe adapters, the 15-inch, Mid 2012, and the Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2012.
It's easy to tell which you have. The older 2012 has a CD/DVD slot, and takes the Magsafe adapter.
The newer 2012 Retina does not have a DVD/CD slot, and takes the Magsafe 2 adapter
You have to know which you have, as the Magsafe connectors are different. The adapters are NOT interchangeable.
Here's a list from Amazon.com
Choose wisely, my friend!

jeanw

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 22, 2010
ky.
YES,I have the 15 inch mid 2012. yea the part that. (the cord )goes to the magnetic connector got cut off at the Very top leaving the plasc stub crimp... I dont reallywant the Generic that has the big AC plug. transformer I detest the.. So bulky.
Like I mebtion I have two. I ordered prob from Ebay years ago after the"accident".. Now the one no longer works even though I move it around Will ask Hubbt to take an. ohm mtr to it to check it out up close since I have Bad V.... But I will prob order another becausE i T going to be hard to finf a GENINGUE. APPLE ONE... BOOL. HOO..
THANKS ALL. OH IF ANYONE KNOWS OF ONE FOR SALE PLEASE LET ME KNOW....

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
Yes, you have a mid 2012... Which one? Does your MBPro have a CD slot on the right side--or no CD slot?
I think either adapter model can still be bought from Amazon, but it just would waste time to order for the wrong model. And, I am fairly sure that OEM Apple adapters can still be found - but you want to get the correct one the first time (I hate returning items that I ordered incorrectly, don't you?)

C0ncreteBl0nde

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2023
Rural America
I have a 2011 MBP and have ordered several AC cords with the original Mag-safe connectors from Amazon over the years. I just checked and they still have them. They are just the same as what originally came with the computer.

Reactions: DeltaMac
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.