Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

noflushbandit

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 9, 2012
Does anyone have an idea of wallpaper came from? Ive searched high and low, but have had no luck. I love the wood/coffee cup combo

c39485ae-b7dd-49a5-9206-f0f7d7e2b5ab.jpg

TechiEmmanuel

macrumors regular
Mar 21, 2013
Northern Virginia
You can do the following:

Minimize any windows. Press Option+Shift+4. Then press space. Hover the cursor over the wallpaper, and click. Locate the screenshot on your desktop. Go to Google Image Search, search by picture, and upload the screenshot.

Wish you luck!

trigonometry

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2010
South Carolina
You can do the following:

Minimize any windows. Press Option+Shift+4. Then press space. Hover the cursor over the wallpaper, and click. Locate the screenshot on your desktop. Go to Google Image Search, search by picture, and upload the screenshot.

Wish you luck!

Better yet install the Safari extension Google Search by Image by Tonis Simo. Then you can initiate an image search from any pic you come across on the internet just by right clicking. And I tried this yesterday with no luck. Like the first response said, I think it's a custom wallpaper.

TechiEmmanuel

macrumors regular
Mar 21, 2013
Northern Virginia
Better yet install the Safari extension Google Search by Image by Tonis Simo. Then you can initiate an image search from any pic you come across on the internet just by right clicking. And I tried this yesterday with no luck. Like the first response said, I think it's a custom wallpaper.

Okay. That works as well, but let me clarify. When you use the key combination Option+Shift+4, and press space, it allows you to select certain objects. So, if you were to hover over an area with just the wallpaper, and click, you get just the wallpaper. The OP has to do this.

+1 on it being a custom wallpaper.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Okay. That works as well, but let me clarify. When you use the key combination Option+Shift+4, and press space, it allows you to select certain objects. So, if you were to hover over an area with just the wallpaper, and click, you get just the wallpaper. The OP has to do this.
That's not required. If you right-click and "Google this Image" the search results will show the wood background without the coffee cup. There's no need to crop it out.
ScreenCap 2013-03-29 at Fri, Mar 29,12.45.28 PM .PNG
Yields:
ScreenCap 2013-03-29 at Fri, Mar 29,12.45.53 PM .PNG

r2shyyou

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2010
Paris, France
That's not required. If you right-click and "Google this Image" the search results will show the wood background without the coffee cup. There's no need to crop it out.Yields:

Or if any one of us, OP included, just takes the image already posted and drags it to a Google Image search window/tab, that'll do the trick, which is what I did originally...

Attachments

• googleimagedropsearch.jpg
    googleimagedropsearch.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 228

noflushbandit

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 9, 2012
you guys are awesome. thanks for all the help!

ETA: I was able to contact the user of the wallpaper. it was in fact a custom Photoshop, which he provided me with!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.