Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

velocityg4

macrumors 604
Original poster
Dec 19, 2004
Georgia
Hi I wasn't sure were this belonged? Since I'm asking about classic Mac cursors this seemed appropriate. Anyhow, i've been trying to find mouse cursor sets from System 1.0 to Mac OS 9 to no avail. Does anyone know where to find these cursors? I don't want to install any software I'm trying to find the actual cursor sets. Also where can I find the different system icons for System 1 through Mac OS 9? When I search for either of these I keep finding theme software and history about the Mac or computing in general :mad: .

It would be neat to put these retro icons and cursors in Mac OS X :D .

Thanks for any help.

RacerX

macrumors 65832
Aug 2, 2004
velocityg4 said:
Also where can I find the different system icons for System 1 through Mac OS 9?
Well... inside of those systems would be the best place.

The thing is, it isn't all that hard to extract them. They should all be accessible via ResEdit, so all you need is a copy of those systems.

840quadra

Staff member
Feb 1, 2005
Twin Cities Minnesota
Otherwise if you have access to Photoshop, there are many sites with Screenshots of older systems. You could simply download the images, and chop away the background to your desire.

However, you would need to convert them into a cursor that whatever OS you are trying to use would understand.

image.php

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.