Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

clenana

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 23, 2019
Nairobi
So I bought a 15" MacBook Pro (2018 with touch bar) 2 months ago... I was super excited about it especially because I had had such great experiences with my 2012 MacBook Pro - until the logic board got messed. I used up all my savings to buy this new computer since I figured it would be just as great as the 2012 Pro. Recently, the screen started having issues after it got a small crack on the "MacBook Pro" band at the bottom of the screen. I don't know how the crack came about, and Apple says it's user inflicted. The tiny crack messed the whole screen and now I need a brand new screen (even though I have apple care).

Anyway, I now want to buy a logic board (for my 13" MacBook Pro {Mid 2012} it had an i7 processor) to fix my old computer. I feel this new one is too fragile for normal day to day use... My old computer was sooooo amazing and worked liked a dream, and after all those years, it has no scratches or bumps.

Any leads on where I can get a logic board, please?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.