Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ron Harrison

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 2, 2017
Hello, I've got a Mac Pro mid 2010 that I'm wanting to put Mavericks on, only problem is I really don't know how to get it. I've seen a few pop up on eBay, but hopefully there's a better way than that.

Thanks

imasterus

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2013
Look for torrents, or better option: if you have anyone (you know in person) with a Mac who has purchased Mavericks then you can ask him to redownload it from MAS, delete "MacReceipt" folder in the installer ("show package content" option) and then you can make an USB installer.

Reactions: Ron Harrison

Ron Harrison

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 2, 2017
Look for torrents, or better option: if you have anyone (you know in person) with a Mac who has purchased Mavericks then you can ask him to redownload it from MAS, delete "MacReceipt" folder in the installer ("show package content" option) and then you can make an USB installer.

Thanks, I just got a Torrent of it, it was actually a lot easier to get than I thought, boot times are little slow for some reason, but that may just be something else. I'll probably still try an get one from someone I know just to be safe.

Thanks again!

imasterus

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2013
Thanks, I just got a Torrent of it, it was actually a lot easier to get than I thought, boot times are little slow for some reason, but that may just be something else. I'll probably still try an get one from someone I know just to be safe.

Thanks again!
I myself thinking to downgrade my MacBook to Mavericks. Would love to Mountain Lion, but Firefox and some other apps don't support that 10.8.5. Going to follow kind of rigid ascetic path towards using Mavericks without icloud setup on the MacBook Air.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.