Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AMSOS

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 21, 2010
Is it still possible to get an unlocked iPhone 8 Plus?

I can see it on some stores online and on Amazon. The thing is I am not sure I want to buy from some unknown store where quality could be an issue. It's possible they might sell an open-box as new.

Any reliable places I could check?

I want the 8+ for it's telephoto, great battery, and screen. Ideally I would want the 11 Pro, but that's out of my budget.

Thanks

snipr125

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2015
UK
Good luck if you can find one as they are hard to find at the moment (might have better luck in the US). Its one of Apples greatest ever iphones in my opinion, and despite being released in 2017, beats practically all the current android flagships in single core performance. Im using a 2020 SE at the moment, but have my 8 plus aswell, which i will never sell and keep forever!

Reactions: AMSOS

theapplehead

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2018
North Carolina

I can see it on some stores online and on Amazon. The thing is I am not sure I want to buy from some unknown store where quality could be an issue. It's possible they might sell an open-box as new.

I want the 8+ for it's telephoto, great battery, and screen. Ideally I would want the 11 Pro, but that's out of my budget.

Thanks
Check eBay and Facebook Marketplace and you may have a good chance at getting a new/open box one or a used one is great condition. Just be sure to thoroughly read up on the seller and don’t be afraid to ask questions!

Reactions: AMSOS

ktsanf

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2011

Thanks

Just got a 128GB Space Grey 8 Plus from AT&T for my father-in-law. Got rid of his XS Max. Wasn't a fan of Face ID.

ratdog07067

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2020
About a month ago Apple had some refurbished 8+ on their site (here in the US, anyway) and I'm kicking myself for not getting one. I check every day or so looking for another one to pop up.

AMSOS

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 21, 2010
I was snooping around looking for one too recently. In the USA, Best Buy has them.
Thanks. I checked that out and indeed BB has IP 8 +. But it's a connection with Total Wireless. I am not sure I want to shift to that company.
Actually, I was hoping to get an unlocked 8+.
[automerge]1595480634[/automerge]
Just got a 128GB Space Grey 8 Plus from AT&T for my father-in-law. Got rid of his XS Max. Wasn't a fan of Face ID.
I've heard people crib about Face ID before.
What issues did you/FIL face?
I would imagine it's quite convenient.
I do love Touch ID, but looks to me Face ID could be easier to use.
Thanks. I checked but it's gone from ATT now.
[automerge]1595480726[/automerge]
About a month ago Apple had some refurbished 8+ on their site (here in the US, anyway) and I'm kicking myself for not getting one. I check every day or so looking for another one to pop up.
Sounds like the 8+ is in high demand. What are your reasons for wanting it so badly?
I like my 8 and think I could shift to the 8+ for the tele camera. Hence, my interest in acquiring it.

Last edited:

ktsanf

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2011
I've heard people crib about Face ID before.
What issues did you/FIL face?
I would imagine it's quite convenient.
I do love Touch ID, but looks to me Face ID could be easier to use.
Thanks. I checked but it's gone from ATT now.

He just liked the home button and Touch ID better.....

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Try seller BidAllies on eBay. I only get my phones from them

Those are some impressive stats:

E8580489-392C-44D5-96A7-B77FEC3AF597.png

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
There's rumors that a new 5.5" "SE Plus" wilth Touch ID and LCD screen might launch in spring of 2021 (Ming-Chi Kuo prediction). Basically the iPhone 9 Plus- a successor to the 8 Plus .

Reactions: tonybarnaby
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.