Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Klaydustin12

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 13, 2022
Philippines
Help me please ? Where can I sell my iBook G4 ? Still working but software outdated .Thankyou in advance ❤️

Attachments

• 16709959862081189506123410683721.jpg
    16709959862081189506123410683721.jpg
    327.4 KB · Views: 213

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
If you want to risk ebay you won't get much, looks like between $5 to ~$100 or so sales/shipping price. You then have to subtract all of the fees. Checked Swappa, didn't find anything probably since it is so old.

Might get better value donating it and getting a tax deduction.

MajorFubar

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2021
Lancashire UK
OP is in the Philippines. Sometimes it's worth just taking 2 sec to check someone's profile to see if they've shared their location instead of just blindly assuming US, so as not to offer well-intended advice which doesn't travel well internationally.
Because I'm not familiar with popular trading outlets in your country, I can't offer relevant advice.
In the UK it would be just straight onto eBay and see what it brings, which would be around £100 to the right collector, if mint.

Last edited:

curnalpanic

macrumors 6502
Mar 26, 2008
go:teborg
OP is in the Philippines. US residents tend to forget the internet exists beyond their borders
How do you know that? And also, how would anyone know? Would have been helpful if he'd written it in the post.

FWIW I'm Swedish and I too assumed the US.

edit: OK I guess you can check profile. But who has the time?

MajorFubar

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2021
Lancashire UK
How do you know that? And also, how would anyone know?
I hovered over his avatar pic. You aren't sharing your location, so that technique wouldn't have worked on you.

Edited my original post because on reflection it kinda looked racist, albeit truthful.

Would have been helpful if he'd written it in the post.

FWIW I'm Swedish and I too assumed the US.

edit: OK I guess you can check profile. But who has the time?

US don't own the internet. In a world of seven billion people, I don't get why there seems to be this unwritten assumption on forums that contributors are US based unless they state otherwise in big bold letters. As for 'who has the time', maybe it's just me then, otherwise I've potentially entirely wasted the time I've taken anyway.

Last edited:

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
OP is in the Philippines. US residents tend to forget the internet exists beyond their borders, and will offer (admittedly, well-intended) advice which doesn't travel well internationally, without checking an OP's location, like above.

Yes and no. There might be a MacRumors reader in the Philippines who could help but the chances are slim. People contributing their experiences in other countries can be useful by suggesting methods of selling. The poster can then see if they have equivalent services in their country. In this case there is a Philippines ebay, don't know if there is a buyer/seller of used systems like Swappa. He can look at the swappa site and see if there are any local equivalents. Tax suggestion might have been irrelevant but there was no way to know. Too pressed for time to look into currency conversions and tax rules.

Great suggestion for hovering over the avatar to see the country. Looking at the full profile is just too much work. I would expect you find this very annoying coming from the U.K. Vaguely remember that the U.S. posts are about 40% of total volume, then 15% for Canada and U.K. each but can't find the post with the actual numbers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.