Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yoms

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 1, 2016
Hi,

I'd like to buy an iPhone SE (1st gen), space gray in 64 or 128GB, shipping abroad. I don't consider the iPhone SE (2nd gen) because I want to revert back to the smaller form factor.

I haven't found anything really appealing on eBay so far.

Can you help me on this? Any recommendable online shops you know of?

Thanks!

snow755

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2012
eBay is not the only place where you can get one I would go on swap and its safer then on eBay when it comes too buying iPhones but please keep in mind that its the end of the road this year when it comes too IOS updates has the iPhone SE 1st gen won't be getting IOS 15 if your ok with that

John dosh

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2019
Check the thread below this about iPhone se somebody managed to get a brand new sealed one maybe he can point you in the right direction.

Reactions: Yoms

Yoms

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 1, 2016
Thanks all.

Yeah, eBay is the first place I headed to.

Yoms

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 1, 2016
eBay is not the only place where you can get one I would go on swap and its safer then on eBay when it comes too buying iPhones but please keep in mind that its the end of the road this year when it comes too IOS updates has the iPhone SE 1st gen won't be getting IOS 15 if your ok with that

Yeah, I know but it would already be a nice update. I'm stuck with iOS 12 at the moment.

Yoms

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 1, 2016
Anyone has another idea as to where to get a new one?

Pilot Jones

macrumors 6502a
Oct 2, 2020
Swappa & eBay are the only ones that come to mind other than riskier and less likely options like FB Marketplace and Craigslist.

Applicator

macrumors regular
Jan 20, 2021
Germany
What's the reason you need a brand new one?
If it was for collection or as a present I'd get it, but ...
Yeah, I know but it would already be a nice update. I'm stuck with iOS 12 at the moment.
.. indicates it's going to be for your personal everyday use.

I received my new iPhone SE 1.gen (32GB) just today - not joking.
It's in mint condition, with all the accessories and the battery has recently been replaced.
I paid 45€ on eBay, and I am more than pleased.
So why buy a NOS where the battery might be dead as well?

LFC2020

macrumors P6
Apr 4, 2020
Try this bloke, his selling old apple hardware that’s never been opened.

Reactions: Yoms

alpi123

macrumors 68020
Jun 18, 2014

He is very specific about the things he would sell and the communication with him is hit or miss... but maybe worth trying, because eBay is full of refurbs claiming to be genuine sealed, so yeah.

Reactions: Yoms and LFC2020

Yoms

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 1, 2016
Why waste your money on a phone that will lose software support this year, better off buying a new or used 2020 iPhone SE instead.
Because I want that form factor as written in my 1st post and I'm not in the market for an iPhone 12 mini.

Reactions: LFC2020

Yoms

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 1, 2016
What's the reason you need a brand new one?
If it was for collection or as a present I'd get it, but ...

.. indicates it's going to be for your personal everyday use.

I received my new iPhone SE 1.gen (32GB) just today - not joking.
It's in mint condition, with all the accessories and the battery has recently been replaced.
I paid 45€ on eBay, and I am more than pleased.
So why buy a NOS where the battery might be dead as well?
What you received seemed to suit me as well. To answer your question, I wanted to prioritise a new just for a matter of trust, that's all. I'm not so sure that when you find ads "iPhone SE - refurbished to new, mint condition" you actually get this. It's the lottery. At least, brand new from a serious online shop is more reassuring. That's all.

BeatCrazy

macrumors 601
Jul 20, 2011
Because I want that form factor as written in my 1st post and I'm not in the market for an iPhone 12 mini.

I have one that I would sell you that is brand new, never been used. Every few months I turn it on and update the iOS and keep the battery charged, so the health is 100%. Box and accessories are all new. It is unlocked as well, 32GB.

Yoms

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 1, 2016

The dude is definitely not on the cheap side. An iPhone 3G 8GB for $300? I guess he thinks that's collector maybe.

Reactions: LFC2020

stu72762

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2021
Hi,

I'd like to buy an iPhone SE (1st gen), space gray in 64 or 128GB, shipping abroad. I don't consider the iPhone SE (2nd gen) because I want to revert back to the smaller form factor.

I haven't found anything really appealing on eBay so far.

Can you help me on this? Any recommendable online shops you know of?

Thanks!

The iPhone SE 1st Gen is the best phone ever made. Bought my 32GB locked to StraightTalk for $150 new and that included tax. Best money ever spent.

Since that generation Apple departed from reality and start making phones with more than 2 core processors and ever larger screens. Those items just drains the battery that much faster. I wish they'd trim down an A14 processor (5nm node vs the 14nm of TSMC A9 chip) to only 2 cores and stick it in a 4" form factor...with a larger battery and 5G...dial back the performance of the chip to match the A9 which should net significant power savings...that would be a dreamy phone.

Think Apple should release a 4" phone with every generation with power savings in mind...not speedy chips & large screens draining batteries in a few hours. The 2nd Gen iPhone SE is kind of a joke.

I've had my SE for 3.5 years. Just replaced the original battery this past weekend. It runs like a brand new phone....I pulled my SE off the charger at 5:44am this morning...it's now 12:17pm and the battery is at 98%...what more could you ask for ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Yoms and snipr125
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.