Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ebika

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 17, 2008
Chicago
Does anyone know where all the unsold Apple leather magsafe wallets went? On the day Apple announced the FineWoven accessories, they pulled all the leather accessories off their online store. I'm seeing Target, Walmart, Amazon all seemed to lose inventory really fast too. Perhaps people like me are just buying up everything remaining? My wisteria wallet has paint worn off, so I'm trying to get an Ink one while I can (and already had one ebayer try to scam me). I do wonder what happened to all of Apple's remaining stock.

This isn't a criticism or commentary on their future merchandise plans. It is odd to me that they wouldn't try to sell remaining inventory. It's already manufactured, so any manufacturing costs have already been spent. 🤷🏻‍♀️

raiders-lost.gif

Reactions: arkitect and saltxd

ebika

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 17, 2008
Chicago
I’m hoping they will show up at TJ Maxx and Marshall’s in a few weeks. This happened with the leftover cases and watch bands from last season. The prices were awesome!
Hopefully. Please do report back here if you do find some in those stores!

In the meantime, I returned my Ebay scammer one (it was listed as new-open-box, and showed scuffed to hell, wrong color, and stinking of bad cologne). I returned the Amazon used-like-new one (it was used-like-new, and also still attached to someone's account). My long shot is an order I placed for a new one from a Nebraska furniture store, NFM. 😂

saltxd

macrumors member
Jan 19, 2023
Does anyone know where all the unsold Apple leather magsafe wallets went? On the day Apple announced the FineWoven accessories, they pulled all the leather accessories off their online store. I'm seeing Target, Walmart, Amazon all seemed to lose inventory really fast too. Perhaps people like me are just buying up everything remaining? My wisteria wallet has paint worn off, so I'm trying to get an Ink one while I can (and already had one ebayer try to scam me). I do wonder what happened to all of Apple's remaining stock.

This isn't a criticism or commentary on their future merchandise plans. It is odd to me that they wouldn't try to sell remaining inventory. It's already manufactured, so any manufacturing costs have already been spent. 🤷🏻‍♀️

View attachment 2276227
Illuminati had them pull everything for carbon neutrality bs

I expect the official leather wallets will be worth quite a bit more in a couple years if you keep them new in the box as they are now a collectors item

Reactions: iLuddite

TotalMacMove

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2013
USA
All of the leather products were offered to Apple employee's at a heavy discount. Source: my friend is a lead engineer at Apple.

ecschwarz

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2010
I’m hoping they will show up at TJ Maxx and Marshall’s in a few weeks. This happened with the leftover cases and watch bands from last season. The prices were awesome!
This is my guess—it was hit-and-miss last year, but the prices were great. My friend's Marshalls was constantly getting watch bands for both sizes of models and first-get leather wallets (the ones without Find My), but the TJMaxx down the street had almost nothing. In my area (about 100 miles away), it was a much slower trickle of accessories, but a few showed up. Needless to say, we kept an eye out for each other and snagged quite a few watch bands.

I checked one location for grins this week and there's not much for Apple-branded things yet—just a red 14 leather case, but I'll probably keep an eye out.

Woot also has been a place that periodically gets Apple accessories. Back in March or April, they had a bunch of 12/12 mini cases and a few odds and ends on watch bands.

GLS

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2010
I picked up 3 of the leather wallets this week on eBay (black, umber and arizona red).

GLS

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2010
Question is if they will adhere strongly to 15 pro or not

I don't see why they wouldn't. My wife has a 15 Pro, and she attached her 2 (or 3?) year old leather Apple branded Magsafe wallet just fine.

clsmith

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2009
I don't see why they wouldn't. My wife has a 15 Pro, and she attached her 2 (or 3?) year old leather Apple branded Magsafe wallet just fine.
I read, on this forum, that some of them have magnets that aren’t strong enough, causing poor adhesion.

DR3MCLAREN

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2021
Calgary Canada
I picked up a black leather one today at Marshalls for $20! It was the only one they had so I had to grab it. I really wanted a brown one but for that price who can complain. Hopefully they will be getting more of them with more colors. I think this one was put out on the shelf too early. I find that Marshalls usually puts lots of Apple stuff out closer to the holidays so I'll be watching for more.

Reactions: EclecticGent

mjpearce023

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2012
I picked up a black leather one today at Marshalls for $20! It was the only one they had so I had to grab it. I really wanted a brown one but for that price who can complain. Hopefully they will be getting more of them with more colors. I think this one was put out on the shelf too early. I find that Marshalls usually puts lots of Apple stuff out closer to the holidays so I'll be watching for more.
Dang! I need to go to marshal’s after work. I got a black one off eBay buts it’s 1st gen (no find my support) and it was $35. I have the golden brown and it looks really bad on the Keyway whisky brown. My grey distil Wally jr looks great but for some reason doesn’t stick well. It seems to be too tall and is hitting the camera cutout.

DR3MCLAREN

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2021
Calgary Canada
Dang! I need to go to marshal’s after work. I got a black one off eBay buts it’s 1st gen (no find my support) and it was $35. I have the golden brown and it looks really bad on the Keyway whisky brown. My grey distil Wally jr looks great but for some reason doesn’t stick well. It seems to be too tall and is hitting the camera cutout.
The black one actually looks really good on my Keyway Whiskey! Hope you're able to snag one too!

EclecticGent

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2012
GA
Great find!! I have been keeping an eye out at my local Marshalls and TJ Maxx stores, but haven’t seen anything other than a few watch bands and silicone cases for the 14 series.

I think you are right about seeing more product as we get closer to December. 🤞

Reactions: DR3MCLAREN

DR3MCLAREN

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2021
Calgary Canada
Great find!! I have been keeping an eye out at my local Marshalls and TJ Maxx stores, but haven’t seen anything other than a few watch bands and silicone cases for the 14 series.

I think you are right about seeing more product as we get closer to December. 🤞
It was a total fluke really. I always look because I've found a few gems in the past. Lately its just been a few of the uglier watch straps and a few silicone cases like you said. It was the only one out there so either they sold really really fast or it was put out by mistake as I was there a few days ago with my wife and there wasn't any then. There's no way they only had one to sell so I'm convinced there are more floating in the backroom somewhere.

Reactions: EclecticGent
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.