Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wadek

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 11, 2007
Not sure if this is the best subforum, but here goes... Have a weird quirk in that when I try to order something from the Apple Store using the app on my iPhone, clicking the "pay with ApplePay" button brings up a final screen with a Zip Code up top, and the order underneath. Problem is that it is my old zip code which doesn't appear anywhere in my personal entry in the Contacts app, nor anywhere in any billing or shipping settings. Have almost had an order sent to my old address (thankfully noticed and was able to hold at FedEx facility). My iPad has the correct settings when I get to this screen which makes me think it's some setting in the phone itself, as opposed to something pulled from the cloud, but damned if I can find anything other than the Contacts entry, and the Payment and Shipping preferences within the AppleStore app, which are all correct. Any ideas?

colodane

macrumors 65816
Nov 11, 2012
Colorado
I have no explanation, but also have been troubled by similar behavior.

I live 2 blocks from an Apple Store, and have lived here for 3 years. All my address info since then reflects my present address and zip code.

Yet when I purchase something on the Apple website, such as an iPhone or iMac and request pickup at an Apple Store, it defaults to an Apple store 15 miles away in a different zip code. I've found no way to correct this, so will be interested in any resolution you may come up with.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
I have the same problem with the contact phone number (which is old). I see no way to remove the old number. My Apple Pay and Apple ID information is up to date but, when making an order, (which still goes through) the old phone number still shows.

Luba

macrumors 68000
Apr 22, 2009
I think from the iPhone it links to your "me" Contact card, but on Apple.com it links to whatever shipping info you have on your Apple ID.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.