Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

donawalt

Contributor
Original poster
Sep 10, 2015
I sure don't see it anywhere on the Widget screen, or tapping Edit - it looks like it's supposed to be a toggle on the edit screen? Was it removed?

donawalt

Contributor
Original poster
Sep 10, 2015
When click on edit at the top of the edit screen you should have a switch to Keep on Home Screen.

This an iPadOS only option.

Nope - from my iPad running iPadOS 13.1 --->

fullsizeoutput_6f76.jpeg

digitalexplr

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2016
Central Missouri
Hmmm. I get a whole different screen titled "Today View" and the option to keep on Home Screen is just under the title.

Go into settings > display & brightness. Scroll to the bottom and click Keep today View on Home Screen.

donawalt

Contributor
Original poster
Sep 10, 2015
Hmm. It's disabled! And I still show icons to spare in the "Bigger" setting so my Home Screen isn't full....clicking the "More" layout below doesn't un-disable the Today View toggle either.

IMG_3623.jpeg

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
I actually want to correct my original post, widgets show regardless of how many icons are on the homescreen. I originally had all my icons on the second screen

donawalt

Contributor
Original poster
Sep 10, 2015
OK thanks for the help. I toggled More on (I SWEAR I did that before and the "Keep Today View..." was still disabled!), and the toggle is lit - it's on. I went to the widgets, Edit, and the toggle for Keep on Home Screen is visible and now On! So - hopefully last question lol - how do I actually get them to show on the Home screen with my other icons? I even pinned a couple, and nothing seems different.

aloper

macrumors 6502
Nov 23, 2015
Rocklin, CA
OK thanks for the help. I toggled More on (I SWEAR I did that before and the "Keep Today View..." was still disabled!), and the toggle is lit - it's on. I went to the widgets, Edit, and the toggle for Keep on Home Screen is visible and now On! So - hopefully last question lol - how do I actually get them to show on the Home screen with my other icons? I even pinned a couple, and nothing seems different.

Do they appear in landscape? They do for me but not in portrait...

Reactions: donawalt
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.