Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aquanaut2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 10, 2014
I have 2 iPhones. A Xs and an Xr. For some reason the Xr isn’t receiving/sending photos in the iMessage app. My Xs has a MMS switch but the Xr does not. WTF is going on with that. I also have an 13 and the switch is there too, just not on the Xr. Everyone is up to date iOS 17.2.1 so what can I do to get the switch back? The settings are the same on both phones.
IMG_0103.png IMG_0077.png

iStorm

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2012
Is the XR using a different carrier or plan? Not all carriers or plans support MMS Messaging.

From Apple:
If you don't see an option to turn on MMS Messaging or Group Messaging on your iPhone, then your carrier might not support this feature.

aquanaut2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 10, 2014
Is the XR using a different carrier or plan? Not all carriers or plans support MMS Messaging.

From Apple:

Thanks! I suspected as much. Yeah the phones are on a different carrier. The ones with MMS are US based but the Xr is with Smart in the Philippines. The next time I get close to a Smart office I’ll check my plan.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.