Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I restarted twice. Siri is enabled. If I ask Siri to take me to settings it goes to General > Accessibility > Siri. Here it is only the option to turn on/off Type to Siri.
Settings should have a whole separate Siri & Search section. Not sure why you might not have it. Perhaps resetting all settings might be worth a try?

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
I don't see Siri & Search at all in settings.
Relax, take your time, calm down, and read the options slowly. Or you can search instead. Hint:

General
Display & Brightness
Wallpaper
Sounds & Haptics
Siri & Search (!!!)

nanogirl21

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 20, 2011
Midwest United States
Relax, take your time, calm down, and read the options slowly. Or you can search instead. Hint:

General
Display & Brightness
Wallpaper
Sounds & Haptics
Siri & Search (!!!)

lJqHAfN.png

[doublepost=1505863076][/doublepost]And just to show that Siri is active and working.

Kj6dpZQ.png

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
That's very weird. What phone do you have? What country do you live in? Try force quitting the Settings app?

nanogirl21

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 20, 2011
Midwest United States
I have an iPhone 7 and am in the US on the Verizon network. I installed IOS 11 over Wifi.

I also just noticed that I don't have the Mic icon in messages for speech to text (or whatever Apple calls it) or voice messages.

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
Then it should be there. Maybe force quitting the Settings app will restore the option.

nanogirl21

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 20, 2011
Midwest United States
Then it should be there. Maybe force quitting the Settings app will restore the option.

I will try. Thanks for the suggestion. Going to keep fussing with it.
[doublepost=1505864891][/doublepost]Annnnd SOLVED IT!

Apparently, I had Restrictions Disabled. Restrictions need to be ENABLED for the Siri settings (and some other settings) to appear. The title 'Restrictions' is very misleading as that means something isn't allowed. Don't think the average person would like to turn a restriction setting on for a feature that they want to work. Maybe I'm misunderstanding the whole restriction thing, but anyway I found what I was looking for. Hope this helps anyone else who may have problems.

Thanks to all that chimed in to help.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cayden
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.