Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Frankie_B

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 16, 2015
I have an iPhone 6 in the UK. Just downloaded ios9 and I can't see CarPlay anywhere. Nor can I find anyone else with this issue. I know the News App isn't out in the UK yet I was wondering if this is the same case for CarPlay but I can't find any info anywhere other than some tweets of people liking it. Help please :(

macrumors 68040
Dec 16, 2011
I have an iPhone 6 in the UK. Just downloaded ios9 and I can't see CarPlay anywhere. Nor can I find anyone else with this issue. I know the News App isn't out in the UK yet I was wondering if this is the same case for CarPlay but I can't find any info anywhere other than some tweets of people liking it. Help please :(

CarPlay isn't an app you activate, it activates itself when you connect your phone to a compatible vehicle headunit.

Frankie_B

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 16, 2015
CarPlay isn't an app you activate, it activates itself when you connect your phone to a compatible vehicle headunit.
Well that makes sense now ha. I believed it was an app as I have one for my system in my car. Only got the car last night mind lol. Didn't make any sense to me. Thank you :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.