Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

QuantumLo0p

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 28, 2006
U.S.A.
I have looked high and low for solutions and cannot find the function in iOS, any threads here nor from internet searches. I apologize if this has been covered before. This problem is not just mine but also wife and kids are unable to use their phones in car for certain tasks and is annoying beyond description. I don't believe any DND settings are active but perhaps I am missing the correct settings. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I have looked high and low for solutions and cannot find the function in iOS, any threads here nor from internet searches. I apologize if this has been covered before. This problem is not just mine but also wife and kids are unable to use their phones in car for certain tasks and is annoying beyond description. I don't believe any DND settings are active but perhaps I am missing the correct settings. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Beyond using DND while driving there really shouldn't be any other restrictions in place. What sort of issues are being experienced?

QuantumLo0p

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 28, 2006
U.S.A.
This happens when I am connected to my car via bluetooth and using Siri for things that are not hands free. Siri will dial a number but will not display a number if I simply ask for it. Nor will Siri display the result of an inquiry. DND is not on at all so DND While Driving isn't on either. This just started happening recently. I don't believe I made any changes that would affect this but who knows at this point lol. I don't have a screenshot of it to upload here but it has the car graphic and looks like the DND While Driving screen except for it doesn't say that message, it just has the car graphic and Siri says something like she cannot help me with that while driving. I wonder if DND is actually turned on at some level but the button just isn't displaying that it is activated. The phone has been restarted numerous times btw. Hmmm.

jpiszcz

macrumors 6502
Mar 28, 2010

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.