Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ericinboston

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 13, 2008
Hi everyone. I've looked through this forum and didn't see my question:

I noticed iTunes now sells a lot of Janet Jackson remix albums and singles. However, they are not lossless. I would like to purchase them as FLAC or WAV elsewhere but do not know what sites are legit and also what sites are too expensive.

Can you recommend any sites?

Thank you!

Lifeisabeach

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2022
What makes you think they aren't lossless? The streaming service shows a couple albums of hers are that I looked up. The iTunes store doesn't flat out say they are, but my understanding is Apple will serve up lossless if your settings in the Music app are set to download lossless.

Not trying to discourage you from looking elsewhere, mind you. I'd rather support some of their competition to be honest when it makes sense to.

EDIT: well nevermind me. Apparently lossless does only apply to the subscription service. Thus justifying my stance to support the competition.

porican

macrumors member
Aug 11, 2016
Bandcamp is my favorite place to download lossless files. Lots of different formats, very generous to the artists.

But you won't find much legacy catalog or new major-label stuff there, it's mostly indie labels and unsigned artists.

Reactions: 4000megatron
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.