Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rch427

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 30, 2005
Seized by an uncontrollable nostalgia for the computer I learned on (back in the early '80s) I'm trying to find an Apple ][e with the stacking dual disk drive and matching color monitor. I'd prefer the enhanced version, but I don't want the Platinum one. I want the beige one without the 10-key pad, but with the 4 cursor buttons. If anyone is confused, there's a pic of it here: http://www.silicium.org/images/catalog/apple/apple2e/apple2e_duodisk_monitor2.jpg .

Unfortunately, these seldom seem to come up on eBay (and when they do, they're on the other side of the country, so shipping is astronomical), nor have I been able to find one on Craig's List. I wanted to post to the marketplace here, but I'd have to build up at least 100 posts first; an impractical requirement, IMHO, although I understand the point.

And so, lacking that option, can anyone recommend a good web venue in which to post my WTB?

Thanks in advance --

Robert
San Francisco

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
I still have my brother's old Apple //e from 1983 kicking around, however it is not the model you want - only one 5 1/4 drive bay and a monochrome monitor. Still have the original joystick with it and everything!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.