Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tomcam

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 17, 2016
I have the Apple Pro Display XDR nano display. In places like its documentation and the support document linked below you're told to clean it only using the Apple polishing cloth made for that purpose. Mine got lost in a move, but there is no way to order that polishing cloth on apple.com and it is not available in my Seattle area stores. Anyone have an idea where I can find one? (Don't say order it off apple.com unless you provide a link, because I have filed 3 support incidents with Apple and no one can provide me with such a link.)

TrevorR90

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2009
There isn't anything special about the cloth from Apple. Only option is aftermarket.

These clothes are pretty much the same thing, the only difference is the Apple cloth is more thicker.

randy85

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2020
I think you have to contact Apple to order one. If you have a business account contact they should be able to help.

tomcam

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 17, 2016
I think you have to contact Apple to order one. If you have a business account contact they should be able to help.
Yep, after only 5 calls, being hung up on 4 times by robots, and 3+ hours on hold I was able to order one!

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
Yep, after only 5 calls, being hung up on 4 times by robots, and 3+ hours on hold I was able to order one!

Which countrys' Apple Support were you contacting? I have never had any of these problems on the U.S. after making hundreds of calls to support, other than the random disconnects.

randy85

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2020
That sounds incredibly tedious, well done for persisting.

I have a direct contact at Apple in the UK who handles my SME account. The service is very good. I think I even have his mobile number if I need it.

TrevorR90

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2009
Most of the world goes for smaller models than America, the Toyota Hilux for example is THE biggest selling vehicle in Australia, and most of the top 5 are similar. Add in delivery vans like the Ford Transit, which is a truck metaphor.

World-wide the trend is consistent - trucks are increasingly eating the vehicle market, by becoming more luxurious, more comfortable, and displacing the less-versatile car paradigm.

Interested to know how much the cloth is?

tomcam

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 17, 2016
Which countrys' Apple Support were you contacting? I have never had any of these problems on the U.S. after making hundreds of calls to support, other than the random disconnects.
USA

TrevorR90

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2009
They only charged $10!
Wow, I bought the cloth that I linked above and it was literally the same material but significantly thinner, and I didn't bother contacting Apple because I thought it would be an arm and leg.

But if its $10, I'm gonna order a few to have on hand because I like the thickness of the cloth and best of all, it'll have the Apple logo on it!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.