Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ericg301

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
I have an idea for an app that's quite niche but could be quite lucrative in light of recent political events here in the US. How does one go about finding a developer to partner with that's not going to take my idea and run with it as their own?

I'm no coder or designer, but I am a UX and marketing copywriter with a lot of ideas on how to bring this idea to life—and how to promote it.

Any help is appreciated!

leftyMac

macrumors regular
Feb 20, 2011
If you are an expert in something and can prove your knowledge, you can find a developer who’s willing to work with you to share the profit. I doubt it’ll be 50/50 though.

I’m a developer always looking for subject matter experts.

Lihp8270

macrumors 65816
Dec 31, 2016
I have an idea for an app that's quite niche but could be quite lucrative in light of recent political events here in the US. How does one go about finding a developer to partner with that's not going to take my idea and run with it as their own?

I'm no coder or designer, but I am a UX and marketing copywriter with a lot of ideas on how to bring this idea to life—and how to promote it.

Any help is appreciated!
In the UK expect to be paying £45+ per hour for an iOS developer.

In terms of protecting you’re idea, an NDA plus a reputable developer should be fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.