Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SHNXX

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 2, 2013
I have an iPhone XS with cracked back, which functions fine but apparently this means I can't get any credit for trade-in or anything.
Is there any place that can competently fix it?
A lot of shops don't seem to want to do it or with Apple it costs $600, which would obviously be stupid.

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
When the back glass breaks or cracks, might as well toss the phone into a dumpster if you didn’t have insurance.
Wireless charging is dandy but it requires a glass backed phone which is fragile and unrepairable.

SHNXX

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 2, 2013
When the back glass breaks or cracks, might as well toss the phone into a dumpster if you didn’t have insurance.
Wireless charging is dandy but it requires a glass backed phone which is fragile and unrepairable.
fawk

1CaesaR1

macrumors regular
Dec 23, 2020
You will be better off selling the phone yourself (as long as it works) especially with the back glass cracked. A lot of buyers won't care as they will put a case on it anyways. I have seen iPhone XS with cracked back sell for around $200. Here is one that just sold. No point spending a few hundred dollars to get it repaired to trade it in.

Reactions: BugeyeSTI
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.