Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brismac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 3, 2007
Hi There,

Could anyone tell me where I need to go to find play mates to play Star Wars Empire at War with?

I'll be a pushover as I've only had the game a few weeks.

The instructions mention Gamespy but I couldn't find anywhere obvious on the site.

Help me MacRumors, you're my only hope.

Mackilroy

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2006
Um… click on multiplayer and select the Internet option?

Convince a friend to buy the game and play with him?

brismac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 3, 2007
Whoops, its as simple as that? Do I get a list of available people to choose from? Sorry but this is my first venture into online gaming. I will try it tonight.

Mackilroy

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2006
It really is that simple. For example, if I'm playing Halo, I click on 'Internet' to see all online games, then hit the Refresh button, and automatically the screen will begin to fill with a list of games. It's been a while since I played EaW, but I'm pretty sure it's still easy. And there should be instructions on how to play online in the documentation you got with the game.

AustinJamMan

macrumors newbie
Aug 1, 2007
Austin, TX
EaW

I've been thinking of buying Empires at War.....how is the game play? Pretty decent? I'd be running it on a 2.33ghz MBP w/ 2gb RAM and the 256mb vid card.

brismac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 3, 2007
The game play is excellent on my MBP although every now and then it quits which I'm finding quite frustrating. I installed the 1.05 patch and that took away all of the text... so now I'm back to playing and saving every 10 minutes or so... but like I said when it is working its great. My only previous experience is with the Clone campaigns Battlegrounds game (Star Wars Comman & Conquer basically).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.