Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SpaceGrayAlways

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 27, 2017
Somewhere
I have a fairly basic question that I have so far seen no literature on...

I ordered my HomePod, now, where in my home should I put it? Are there any audiophiles out there who might have a good sense?

We have all seen Apple's demo room but realistically very few people have that exact setup. For me, my setup doesn't have a great center location to place the HomePod. So does it matter where I put it? Should the speaker be in front of me, or behind me? Should it be as centered as possible or placed off to one side or the other? Do walls or other objects that could be seen as barriers to sound need to impact my placement?

Hoping to get some good ideas and hope this will be helpful for others as well!

boshii

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Haha that doesn't narrow choices down very much
The best place to put it is very subjective. If there was an exact place Apple recommends they would’ve put it in the manual. HomePod adjusts anywhere you put it so it’s best just to try different places and see what sounds best to you.

Salty34

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2016
Milwaukee
I'm putting mine on the corner of my TV stand. I have an Nanoleaf Aurora light panels with the rhythm module hanging on the wall above my TV. I will be able to have the light panels light up to the sound of the HomePod (in addition to the TV sound now).

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
This is where mine is and sounds perfect

6d219f4ad443a339c136e12cc2a589b4.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.