Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ben1l

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 30, 2006
I’d like to upgrade from my Mac Pro 2019 to a Mac Studio.
Where is the best place to sell my Mac Pro?
Only a few “we buy your Mac” type websites seem to exist now and most don’t want to accept Mac Pros, or offer comically low amounts.

Facebook Market place and eBay doesn’t seem to return much interest.

Thanks for your help!

Berenod

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2020
I’d like to upgrade from my Mac Pro 2019 to a Mac Studio.
Where is the best place to sell my Mac Pro?
Only a few “we buy your Mac” type websites seem to exist now and most don’t want to accept Mac Pros, or offer comically low amounts.

Facebook Market place and eBay doesn’t seem to return much interest.

Thanks for your help!
Welcome to the result of Apple Silicon!

2019 Mac Pro's only make sense to the very few users who do things requireing absolutely huge amounts of RAM.
And who would really need an Intel CPU environment.

All the rest you most likely can do much faster on a much cheaper Apple silicon machine.

So at best a very very small pool of users still exist who would today benefit from an Intel Mac Pro, an extermely small pool to fish in!

The reason those "we buy your mac" sites offer seemingly silly low prices, is simply the fact that they likely will not be able to sell on the machine with profit otherwise.

As you are experiencing yourself through Market Place/Ebay!

Whether this is a good or a bad evolution, is a whole other discussion...

Last edited:

vel0city

macrumors 6502
Dec 23, 2017
I chucked my 5,1 in a skip. Removed the HDs of course but the rest of it was worthless.

Berenod

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2020
A 5,1 is not a 2019 Mac Pro. The 2019 Mac Pro is a 7,1
True that! Those are not "current" machines whereas a 7.1 (supposedly) is.

But as it stands, I own a 5.1, 6.1 trashcan and a 7.1, and none I will ever sell as whatever amount I get for it would be so low I'd rather hang on to them.
All three of them are actually still eminently useable!
Keeps my mind sharp, fiddling with opencore etc...

Actually just bought a 2019 16" i9 Macbook Pro for just under 900€, was new over 4000€ just a few years ago.
Pretty darned good deal for me as I every so often need to run Windows for some technical software.

Times where you got like 50% back of the money spent on an Apple machine, after having it used for 5 to 7 years are totally over!

Last edited:
Reactions: ZombiePhysicist
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.