Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

turtlebud

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 17, 2002
Got a deal on an Apple Watch Series 3 so I'm looking to sell/trade in my S2. Found a couple of options but wanted to get some advice on where people recommend:

- don't really want to do deal with the fees/hassle of ebay/craiglist
- maxback is quoting $135 + $10 bonus (if cables/charger are included)
- apple is quoting $125 but I get to keep the cables/charger

most other places I checked (bestbuy, igottaoffer) have lower offers. Anywhere else that I missed?

Thanks!

turtlebud

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 17, 2002
since it's not in flawless condition, I'm worried that someone will have issues after the sale. part of the reason I don't really want to do ebay or craigslist.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Got a deal on an Apple Watch Series 3 so I'm looking to sell/trade in my S2. Found a couple of options but wanted to get some advice on where people recommend:

- don't really want to do deal with the fees/hassle of ebay/craiglist
- maxback is quoting $135 + $10 bonus (if cables/charger are included)
- apple is quoting $125 but I get to keep the cables/charger

most other places I checked (bestbuy, igottaoffer) have lower offers. Anywhere else that I missed?

Thanks!

There is Swappa also. Its mainly tech related and I find quite a few users have success selling on there.

rillrill

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2011
New York
I have sold two watches on swappa. Be honest with the condition of the watch and take plenty of pictures and it should be fine.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I have sold two watches on swappa. Be honest with the condition of the watch and take plenty of pictures and it should be fine.

Good advice. Something else to consider when selling on Swappa, is be as accurate as possible with the description, I always tend to reply as quick as possible to a potential buyers with questions, which shows attentiveness. And I always make sure I ship out within the same day if possible, or next day. Those all go a long way with your considerations what you posted as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.