Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheAnswer

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 25, 2002
Orange County, CA
With all the different technological and UI innovations in the iPhone, where are they most likely to show up next. They widescreen video iPod is the next logical step in the iPod line obviously...just a question of timing.

I think we are likely to displays that we can turn from portrait to display mode and the software side will instantly adapt...not sure when it will happen, but I don't think it is that far off.

Obviously touch interface has interesting applications...will we see touch monitors or other interesting input devices (maybe a touch tablet that replaces the mouse for desktop users).

What else is on the Mac horizon that is a result of the R & D that went into the iPhone? And what other innovations or obstacles exist to hold off these products?

Scarlet Fever

macrumors 68040
Jul 22, 2005
Bookshop!
where else but iPod... :rolleyes:

My iPod speculation after the iPhone announcement;
- will have a GUI similar to iPhone (just cut down)
- fully touchable
- obscenely long battery life
- coverflow

I'm hoping the next iMac will have a touch screen, and those updated ACD's could be too (but in reality nothing will get a touch screen)

They can't have it fully touchable though. The keyboard still has its place.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.